TV Management (Release) (1 Viewer)

patch

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
canberra
Home Country
Australia Australia
tried the too files and tried config utility got same message unless theres another way I might have change to 32 bit as I use this plugin more
than most sorry for the headache :rolleyes:

vcrapps

Portal Pro
March 11, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
No headache, but it might be easier to just use the Windows 32 bit version. A few things though I did want to mention with regards to the 64 bit installation files. First the "TVM Updater" program will not work with the 64 Bit version of TV Management, the Location addresses are different. Also the "Configuration Utility" program is written a little differently for the 64 bit version than for the 32 bit version. This is why you will have to make sure you only use the 64 bit installation files. The only files that are the same is the xml Skin files. Of coarse if you already have the MP version 4.X installed, then you will receive the unfortunate redundancy error message when trying to run the older 3.X MPEI for TV Management. The other way which is not easier, and I wouldn't necessary recommend it for just one plugin, but it would be to downgrade MP back to 3.X, then install the 3.X MPEI for TV Management, then re-upgrade again to MP 4.X, then once it tells you the the following plugins are not compatible, then replace the "TV Management.dll" file with the one I provided previously. Also one more note, usually when you install a newer version of TV Management, then try to install an older version, the uninstall tends to not want to remove the newer files. So another words you might have have to manually delete the "Configuration Utility".

Again it may be easier to just run a Windows 32 bit OS, then everything will work out of the box.

Last edited:

patch

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
canberra
Home Country
Australia Australia
thankyou for your reply's will go back to 32 bit as a another program I use has had the same thing happen so anyway you
have done a good job of this plugin thankyou for that are you going to include the rename and move feature?:)

vcrapps

Portal Pro
March 11, 2012
Home Country
Good news, Since Windows XP is no longer supported by Media Portal, when I release an upgrade for TV Management, I will make the 64 bit installer the only installer, and it will be available from the regular download page. The 64 bit version is compatible with both 32 bit OS & 64, the only OS it is not compatible with was Windows XP, which is why I made two separate installers.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    So several hundreds of Mediaportal plugins works for both 32& 64 and only one have problems. Huh?

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    Technically both would be compatible anyway, but it was the way the hard coded addresses read in the different bit OS. And XP had a problem.

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    TV Management 5.7 has been Released!

TV Management 5.7 will be available from the main download page, and will support both the 32 bit and 64 bit OS by default. Windows XP however will no longer be supported since the Media Portal no longer supports it, sorry.

There is also an Update waiting after install, this is just a test, and it fixes a minor cosmetic bug.

Change Log:

Version 5.7:

*Fixed the TVM Updater to detect Updates easier, and without the need to disable your User Account Security Settings. This will help with keeping up with the lastest MP Upgrades, so that TV Management will continue to be compatible, without the need to install another MPEI.
    *Added an Uninstaller to remove any remaining traces of the Previous Version of TV Management. This will only be needed by previous 32 Bit Users.
    *Added Support for both the 32 bit and 64 bit Windows OS with the same installer.
    *Fixed default wide Skin.
    *Fixed and Added the Rename feature to the Avalon Skin.

Main Download Page: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/utilities/tv-management

Last edited:

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At the Moment I'm using the plugin "file Explorer" to move/ rename/ delete files from one Folder to another one. Can someone tell me the Advantage of the plugin tv Management compared to the plugin file Explorer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom