Tv recording date format (1 Viewer)

ejvdh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    The date shown for tv recordings does not include the year, even though the year has been included in the 'date format' in the 'home' plugin in configuration. I like to keep some recordings permanently and showing the year can be really useful. You can of course go to the actual recorded file and check the year the file was created, but is there a way to show it in MP, edit an xml file perhaps?

Using 1.13, but it has been an issue in previous versions as well.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi :)

...even though the year has been included in the 'date format' in the 'home' plugin in configuration.
    I'm not able to follow/understand which "date format" setting you're referring to.
    Can you please provide a screenshot of the section/setting. Alternatively, provide a link to our wiki showing/describing the section/setting.

...but is there a way to show it in MP, edit an xml file perhaps?
    It seems unlikely. The TV plugin code is responsible for constructing/formatting the date that you see, and from what I can see it does not include the year.

ejvdh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    The function is described here:
    It only seems to affect the home screen date and time (even though "...as well as general MediaPortal settings." is mentioned (n)
    Hi :)

It seems unlikely. The TV plugin code is responsible for constructing/formatting the date that you see, and from what I can see it does not include the year.

That would be a shame. Maybe I'll put in a feature request, then.

Thanks for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom