TV Service terminates (1 Viewer)

PeaBee

Portal Member
September 27, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Seemed to get MP1 (1.8.0) installed, restored backup, configured TV card (Nova 500), then noticed computername was inconsistent and renamed it (lets say from "PC-1" to "PC-ONE").

The TV service went into a perpetual "stopping" state. No problem, I shouldn't have been so hasty. Uninstalled Mediaportal and went through the setup once more...

...The TV service persisted in failing! The TV service starts, just goes into stopping state when attempting to use it. Get the following message:

Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server stack trace:
at TvService.TCController.get_Cards()
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object Server, Object[]& outArgs)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SinkProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Provies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqmsg, IMessage retmsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Provies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at TvControl.IController.getCards()
at SetupTv.Startup.Main(String[] arguments)

PeaBee

Portal Member
September 27, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hum. I uninstalled MySQL at the same time for good measure and selected the 2nd uninstall option for MediaPortal in a vain attempt to clean everything out.

Anyway, you put me on the right track! Thanks very much.

For the sake of anyone that has stumbled on this, this is what I had to do (I found the posted instructions assume you can manage MySQL without going into too much detail)...

Assuming defaults are in place. Find folder with MySQL.exe and change to it (running command prompt as Administrator I guess). Run:

MYSQL --user=root --password=MediaPortal MpTvDb

From the MYSQL prompt run:

UPDATE server SET hostname = 'NEW_NAME' WHERE hostname = 'OLD_NAME'
\g

Changes just one row. Quit out (\q) and all will be well again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom