TV stops on a network disconnect (1 Viewer)

Furox

Portal Member
July 19, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: blue wide
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon64 X2 BE-2400 (2x2300MHz)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 250GB
Memory: 2x1024MB 1000MHz CL5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-SH2
Video Card: ATI HD3200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.6
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Realtek ATI HDMI R2.00
1. TV Card: TechniSat SkyStar HD2
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: SilverStone LC04S
Cooling: SilverStone NT07-AM2
Power Supply:
Remote: Philips SRM5100
TV: Toshiba WL68
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

i use a single seat installation, so server and client are on the same system.
but everytime i turn off my wlan-router while watching tv, mp turns off the the tv after a few seconds and i can't start it anymore! the only way to get it working again, is to restart mp then.
i tried it with different values (<computer name>, localhost, 127.0.0.1) in "mp config - tv client - server hostname" but the result is the same. i can't set a static ip address since i use dhcp in my local network but this shouldn't affect a single seat configuration anyway :confused:

(logs right after disconnect included)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have had exactly this same problem as long as I can remember (single seat).

Sometimes it's really annoying but fortunately my home network is quite stable. For example, if turn off the power from my ADSL modem (which is also a switch for my network), TV stops.

Is there any developer that could explain this behaviour?

tontsa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    That is unfortunately by design. TV-server binds to your IP-address and when the IP-address goes away so does the communication. Search forums for loopback interface driver. You can install that and give IP-address to that and then from TV-server configuration choose that IP-address.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    That is unfortunately by design. TV-server binds to your IP-address and when the IP-address goes away so does the communication. Search forums for loopback interface driver. You can install that and give IP-address to that and then from TV-server configuration choose that IP-address.

By the way someone can explain me why under vista this problem does not exists? Even if my wlan is not connected tv works without any problems.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

By the way someone can explain me why under vista this problem does not exists? Even if my wlan is not connected tv works without any problems.

Just a guess, Vista is not disabling the network interface when IP is lost or the network connection is down.

Furox

Portal Member
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    working as intended

I found a working solution for my single seat system :) It doesn't need a loopback adapter but works only on the local client! So if you have more clients this won't solve your problem since it requieres to set the TV server IP (TV Server Config -> TV Servers -> "Choose IP for streaming") to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) :sorry: Of course you also have to change the hostname similarly (MP Config -> Television -> TV Client -> TV Server).
    Now i can watch TV irrespective of my WLAN connection! :D to all for your support!

Update:
    Pleased too early :confused: Yesterday TV stopped again after I turned off the router! Now I'm confused about the reason after it worked fine the last days :mad:

madmacka

Portal Member
    September 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Will this issue ever be fix?

i share this problem... shouldnt you be able to set it to 127.0.0.1 work regardless of the network state?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

On a multiseat system, watching TV on a client and the client loses connection to the server, I get a pretty hard crash every time. This became more of a problem for me recently, as XP SP3 introduced instability, and my server would BSOD sometimes when watching/recording TV.

The client does not respond to the remote at all, although you can hear the audible feedback from pressing buttons on the remote.

Apologies for lack of a complete report, but this is very easy to reproduce. Start the server, switch on TV on the client. Hit the reset button on the server.

In my case, client and server are both running XP Pro.

Best wishes,

Mark

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Interesting thread!

so this means that if I'm running single seat on a PC with static IP and WLAN, MP will possible crash if WLAN is going down?

/tompa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom