TV tuner to solve problem???? (1 Viewer)

scottieone

Portal Member
October 13, 2008
Florida
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK.... Here is one for you experts....

Found out after building a Second machine ( Intel P4 2.8ghz, 512mb 333mhz ram, 500gb hard drive, Asus AH3450 256mb AGP, Turtle Beach pci 5.1 sound card, using a gigabyte board dont know the model number off hand) and having problems running Media Portal program on it, can see all movies ( files) networked but would not play with a RCA 52 CRT big screen tv using Comp cables, Talked with RCA and said the TV could not handle the computer sending the signal to the tv.... Bummer.... I had a thought could I use a TV tuner card in the computer and use the tuner output (coax cable) to the tv.... would I be able to play movies and use the tv output to do this????????? Any thoughs.... Wife isnt going to let me buy another tv right now.....

MY first Machine using a Asus P5QL-EM, Intel E4700 Core 2 Duo 2.6ghz 800mhz, 2gb DDR2 667mhz memory,1Tb Seagate Sata2 7200rpm 32mb hard drive, and a reg dvd/rw and using a HDMI cable to a Vizo 47" flat screen tv, with XP home and Media Portal 1.0 RC3..... This Machine Rocks..... no problems with this one..... NOT using TV option in Media Portal.....

So any Suggestions about The second machine with the RCA TV....

Thanks for Help in Advance to you all.....

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
I have never seen a TV Tuner card that has a coax output. That's input only. Is that also how you are hooking up the component (RCA) cable - from the TUNER card? Not what it's for.

You need a video card that has a TV out. S-video or composite (RCA) out is pretty easy to find. Something like this:
Newegg.com - JATON Video-PX7300LE-256 GeForce 7300LE 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Low Profile Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards There is no reason ANY TV shouldn't handle these TV outs. I think the RCA guy thought you were looking for a DSUB or DVI connection...

scottieone

Portal Member
October 13, 2008
Florida
Home Country
Got it to work.... had to go down to a ati driver catalyst 7.4 for it to work... yes it is a Asus ATI Card..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom