te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi there :)

Last weekend I tried to find a proper branch from git to build TVE3.5 for MP1 1.10,or 1.11, but I could not find one.
    From the forums I only find MP2 native TV support, which of course gives some idea what is going on.

Anyway, while reading forums here and there, it is still unclear for me will there ever be TVE3.5 for MP1 ?, or is it going to be MP2 only. I ask because I have a small hint in my memory, that there has been a debat in the past about the subject.

Still, Great job mm !

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...but I could not find one.
    There's no such branch.

All TVE 3.5 branches are based on the MP1 repository. Therefore they all contain an MP1-compatible TV plugin. The version of the plugin probably makes little difference as long as it is used with the intended version of TVE.

As I've said several times before: I have no idea if the plugin works. I've never tried it and I'm personally not interested in trying it until I'm happy with the back end.

...will there ever be TVE3.5 for MP1 ?
    There's no reason why TVE couldn't have plugins for MP1, MP2, Kodi and any other client that would like to use it. These things could be worked on now if only anybody was actually willing to do it. You're not the only person to ask about this... but unfortunately nobody seems willing to actually do anything to make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom