TVSeries Fanart not showing on BasicHome screen using Fanart Handler (1 Viewer)

Gfer

Portal Member
November 29, 2009
I'm running the latest version of MediaPortal, 1.1.1 and the latest version of StreamedMP, 1.4.2 with its including plugins. I believe I'm running version 2.6.5 of the TVSeries plugin. Whenever I enable Fanart Handler for My TVSeries plugin in the StreamedMP menu editor, nothing is displayed on the home screen when the plugin is selected. Random fanart is displayed perfectly fine inside the plugin though. The fanart handler has the base property of tvseries. What could be wrong? This happens on a fresh install and import by the way. The Fanart Handler works properly with the MovingPictures plugin.

bs123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Problem with either fanart handler or My TVSeries

Are you using Basic Home Editor for Streamedmp?

Does it look like this: BasicHomeconfig.jpg

Gfer

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    Re: Problem with either fanart handler or My TVSeries

Yes, Fanart Handler is checked, just like that.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you attach all your logs files and also attach your usermenuprofile.xml so we can see your settings for BasicHome, these files is are located:

LOGS:
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Logs

UserMenu:
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\usermenuprofile.xml

Gfer

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    Certainly. I did see some fanart displayed on the home screen yesterday actually, but it doesn't seem to be working again. The log verbosity is set to information, do you need more detailed logs?

Attachments

• usermenuprofile.xml
      15.4 KB

Gfer

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    Upon further investigation, I think there might be a problem with the 'tvseries' fanart base property. When I assign that property to other menu items they also turn black in the basic home menu and do not show any fanart. Might it have anything to do with my setup? I handle all my files, databases, thumbs and such on a server, I then share the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Mediaportal folder on my network. I then install MediaPortal / StreamedMP and other plugins on other computers and connect them to the network. These become clients. I then edit the clients MediaPortalDirs.xml file to make the database and thumbs entries point to the database and thumbs directories on my server. This way I wont have to import the same data for each computer. It works great, even the fanart base property 'movingpictures' work on the clients. When importing files in TVSeries or MovingPictures, I assign the directories to point to the shared drives of my server. Such as \\server\X\Series etc.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Upon further investigation, I think there might be a problem with the 'tvseries' fanart base property. When I assign that property to other menu items they also turn black in the basic home menu and do not show any fanart. Might it have anything to do with my setup? I handle all my files, databases, thumbs and such on a server, I then share the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Mediaportal folder on my network. I then install MediaPortal / StreamedMP and other plugins on other computers and connect them to the network. These become clients. I then edit the clients MediaPortalDirs.xml file to make the database and thumbs entries point to the database and thumbs directory on my server. This way I wont have to import the same data for each computer. It works great, even the fanart base property 'movingpictures' work on the clients. When importing files in TVSeries or MovingPictures, I assign the directories to point to the shared drives of my server. Such as \\server\X\Series etc.

Hi,

This might be an issue with FH now correctly reading your custom configuration, what we do when you enable fanart hander for a menu item and create a menu items we create two image entries with the fanart skin props

#fanarthandler.tvseries.backdrop1.any and #fanarthandler.tvseries.backdrop2.any which grabs the images from ..thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original

So the images are provided by Fanart Handler and not the skin so may be a bug in FH but as movingpictures work I would expect tvseries to..

Can you provide a copy of you MediaPortalDirs.xml please, will try and setup a system here that matches.

thx

Gfer

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    Of course. It's basically the same file, just that the database and thumbs directory of the client file points to the respective directories on the shared MediaPortal folder. You'll have to copy the file to some other location, make the changes and then copy it back overwriting the existing file. Or remove write protection.

If you need more details, here's the guide I followed when setting this configuration up. UserGuides/CentralisedDatabases - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Then again, the MediaPortalDirs.xml file on the server remains unchanged, so there shouldn't be a problem with it though? Perhaps there's a problem with folder permissions? The clients do have permission to both read and write to the shared MediaPortal folder.

Attachments

• MediaPortalDirs.xml
      3.4 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Of course. It's basically the same file, just that the database and thumbs directory of the client file points to the respective directories on the shared MediaPortal folder. You'll have to copy the file to some other location, make the changes and then copy it back overwriting the existing file. Or remove write protection.

If you need more details, here's the guide I followed when setting this configuration up. UserGuides/CentralisedDatabases - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Then again, the MediaPortalDirs.xml file on the server remains unchanged, so there shouldn't be a problem with it though? Perhaps there's a problem with folder permissions? The clients do have permission to both read and write to the shared MediaPortal folder.

Hi Gfer,

Ok I have tested this as best I can with only a single machine, created a mediaportal on a different drive and shared it, this at least checks the \\server\xx format and find no issues at all...so where from here.

Attached is a test xml (fhtest.xml) and if you don't mind would like you to add this as an import at the bottom or your bacichome.xml

eg

</control>
    <import>fhtest.xml</import>
    </controls>
    </window>

This will display the value of #fanarthandler.tvseries.backdrop1.any and #fanarthandler.tvseries.backdrop2.any on basichome - can you check that these have values and are pointing at valid files?

thx

Attachments

• fhtest.xml
      1.3 KB

Gfer

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    They do have values. They are both pointing to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin Fanart\transparent.png. That doesn't look like the right file. The file does not exist in the Skin Fanart folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom