TVService.exe crashes somteimes (1 Viewer)

Rewyn

Portal Member
January 8, 2010
Home Country
Austria Austria
I've a Server/Client Setup connected via LAN. Both the Server and Client have V1.12.
On the server there are 2 DD Cine S2 TV Cards, in total 4 tuners, with a CI Interface and Icecrypt Irdeto CAM/ORF Card. (CAM is set for 2 tuners only)

Sometimes it happens, that the client could not connect to the Server. In this case i face that the TVService is stopped.
It happens that on a previos channel tune, the TVService crashes and the Client got stuck.
In the logfiles there are no error messages or something strange, also no "TVService ended" or like this is shown.
A new Logfile is created, when i start the TVService again.

In the Eventviewer i have two entries at the time the TVService Crashes:
Warning: Device(210:30000) Stream 2 dropped data
Error: Dienst "TVService" has closed unexpected.

Can somebody tell me, whats going on and how to solve it?
As a workaround is there a way to restart the TVService automatically after it crashes?

Last edited:

alexfon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can not help to solve your Problem, but I have some Tv-Service crashes too. The reason for my crashes seams to be pay TV (Sky and HD+) encryption, but I am not sure. I decided to start TV Service automatically after it crashes. I planned 4 scheduled Windows Tasks running each minute to monitor and restart the service (because I planned 4 tasks all 15 seconds Monitoring is done).

Skript: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe arguments: /c "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TV_service_watch.bat"

TV_service_watch.bat:
    @echo off

REM --- write all running Services in service.txt ---
    net start > service.txt

REM --- check - is TVService running? ---
    find "TVService" service.txt
    if errorlevel 1 goto DOWN
    if errorlevel 0 goto OK
    goto END

DOWN
    REM --- restart service and log date + time ---
    net start "TVService"
    echo %date% %time% >> tvservicelog.txt
    goto END

:OK
    goto END

:END

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Rewyn
    Can somebody tell me, whats going on and how to solve it?
    Not with these limited log files.
    Can you please use the Watchdog tool with option 3 to collect full log files. If the Watchdog is not installed (because MP is not installed), please zip and attach all the log files in the TV Server log folder, and also export, zip and attach the Windows application and system event logs.

@alexfon
    but I have some Tv-Service crashes too.
    Have you reported this anywhere so that we have a chance to investigate and fix it?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you for the log files. (y)

The only time I have seen a similar crash is here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...he-target-machine-actively-refused-it.129178/

In that case we eventually found that a library used by TV Server's streaming server was responsible for the problem. Assuming that you are facing the same problem, I'd like you to try to install the patch from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/rtsp-streaming-library-update.132521/

If the patch doesn't help, please let me know and I will provide a debug version of the streaming server to help identify the problem.

Rewyn

Portal Member
    January 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok i'll try it and report.
    Unfortunately the crahs occurs randomly, but not that often. So it could be, that the next crash will occur in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom