TvWishList EPG Lookup problem (1 Viewer)

Astrolabe

Portal Member
September 20, 2015
Sydney
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have MP working well on two PC’s, having come to Media Portal from Windows Media Centre late last year. I have installed TvWishList on both machines but neither installation is working. I have been trying to fault find for several weeks, using the Help File and the Forum, but with no success. I am probably doing something fundamentally wrong and would really appreciate some help.

We live in Australia, the EPG comes as a teletext stream through the DVB (no problems), we get seven days in advance and I can schedule recording of current shows through MP, however we would like to have TvWishList record TV programs, that are not currently scheduled, when they show up. Neither the TV client nor Media Portal TvWishList interface seems to see the EPG.

On the TV client it appears to look up the EPG but never finds a candidate even if I know that the program is currently scheduled in the EPG. (I have not set up the email function, I am happy to delete programs recorded in error.)

On the Media Portal TvWishList interface, I can select a program from the EPG, to be show two hours later; select “Create a wish and search EPG” and the result is “no programs found”.

I originally tried Argus and could not get it to work, possibly the same reason.

I have attached the Log File in the hope that it might indicate the problem.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Edalex, please enable the checkbox "debugmodus" on the tvserver TvWishlist plugin.
Start a "search now" and post the log file in the TVWishList plugin section.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
you are using a wrong filter:
try to eliminate the before time and after time

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2016-01-31 14:46:12.845770 [(19)]: TvWishList EpgClass: Skipping program Home And Away because it is not between 00:00 and 00:00
Start=1/02/2016 7:00:00 PM
2016-01-31 14:46:12.846770 [(19)]: TvWishList EpgClass: End=1/02/2016 7:33:00 PM
2016-01-31 14:46:12.846770 [(19)]: TvWishList EpgClass: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astrolabe

Portal Member
September 20, 2015
Sydney
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for your help huha. I had foolishly assumed that the filter would default to safe values. When I changed the values in the TV Server Client to "any" it worked and found currently scheduled programs.
Strangely, when I tried the same thing using the Media Portal TvWishList interface (see attachment screen print and Log file) it returned "TVWish Data could not be saved" and found no programs; yet when I returned to the TV Server Client I found that using exactly the same data and I could find programs.

Attachments

• TVWish.docx
    1.2 MB

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Astrolabe, the default installation should start with "Any". i will check again, but otherwise more people should have had this issue. I assume you changed at some time the default values in the MP configuration. The from-to interval values are counted by the plugin. So 0:00 to 0:00 gives you 0 minutes interval for valid start times. 0:00 to 23:59 would give you the full day and is used whenever you specify Any. Similar thing is true for the day filter.

Astrolabe

Portal Member
September 20, 2015
Sydney
Home Country
Australia Australia
I installed the new version 1.4.5.0 and it seems to have cured the problem with the the Media Portal TvWishList interface not being able to save.
Many thanks to Huha and Timberwolf99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom