two bugs in multi seat setup (1 Viewer)

edieter

Portal Member
July 14, 2007
Hello,

At first thank to all developers fort he great software! Bugs are definitely getting smaller and the software is really stable already! :)
But I still have two bugs that I would love to get solved. I am running mediaportal with tvserver in a multi seat setup (Revision 18504).:(

First Bug: Using mediaportal if pc with tvserver is not running
I was happy to read in the logs of the svn of April 1th:
TvPlugin 01/04/2008 [17:32:38] gemx added: Fixed mantis issue 0001181: Videoplayback does not work if tvservice.exe is not running - MP now also closes nicely if TvService is not running

This was really a problem for me as my tvserver is running on a different pc that is not always on and "wake up on lan" unfortunately doest not work on this pc. With the SVNs since April 1th this problem is nearly solved - but not completely.
I still have the problem that if the tvserver is not running, a mediaportal process keeps hanging after I close mediaportal. The same happens with configuration.exe. Also thumbs for music files are not created if the pc with tvserver is not running. These problems do not occur if I don’t activate the tvserver client plugin.
What also causes problems is if the pc with the tvserver goes to sleep while mediaportal is running on my client pc. This happens in my setup if the tvserver is recording something, the recording time ends and the power Scheduler plugin of tvserver moves the pc into standby. If mediaportal is running on my client pc during this event, mediaportal completely hangs there. I can only kill the process with the task manager. For this problem I could also imagine that the Power Scheduler plugin detects that a client is running also if the client is not using the tvserver. So far Power Scheduler of tvserver just sees: All TV-Cards idle for 15 minutes => shutdown
I looked in the logs if I can see anything on my client. But there is not entry in error.log or mediaportal.log that belongs to this event. I still attached the logs. The time when my sever pc went into standby was 10:09:35

Second Bug: slave entry in list of tvservers is automatically added if ip address is used as master
On the pc with tvserver I use a skystar2 tv-card. I can use BDA or WMA driver. If I use the BDA driver the tvcard does not work in my system after waking up the pc from S3 mode. As I don’t want to have my tvserver pc running all day, BDA was no solution for me. I don’t have this problem using WMA driver. But with WMA the tvserver uses the IP address of the skystar2 for streaming in default. So the client does not work. Looking in the tvserver management console I see the name of my computer in the list of tvservers marked as master as the only entry. Now if I switch the IP address for streaming to the correct network adapter, I see the IP address of the network adapter in the list of tvserver marked as master and everything works. But this only lasts until the next recording. After a recording I still see the entry with the IP address as master but also the name of my computer as slave. This would not bother me but if this happens the Power Scheduler plugin does not work anymore and the pc does not go to sleep anymore. I can delete the slave entry and everything works again until the next recording. But this is not a really nice solution.

Regards
dieter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom