UK TV & Radio Logos (1 Viewer)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Am I the only one that has to rename a lot of the logos to match the channel names as they are scanned??

I presume if I use a new version of the installer then it won't overwrite any of my renamed logos?

(I'm using full sky on 3 x DVB-S2)

[SNIP]

For example.. Sky Movies Classics is actually scanned in as Sky Classics, Sky Movies Indie is Sky Indie, and some others like SkyShowCseHD for instance. (I think it was named like that..)

I started to go through and rename them, but it is awkward because I have to select each channel without a logo and then in another window rename the logo. Does anyone have a full set of logos for DVB-S/S2 that I can grab off them? Me being lazy!!!

You will find that a lot of the logos don't have the correct name. If you could make a note of which ones needed renaming that would be helpful. I will update them in the next update.

I just tried to download the latest version from the repository, but it is a .zip with an xml and all the files rather than a plugin install file.

Is this intentional? If so, what is the installation process?

Thanks

Robbo100

I just tried to download the latest version from the repository, but it is a .zip with an xml and all the files rather than a plugin install file.

I had a similar issue when I downloaded the file on my Mac, seems that it views the file as a zip, even copying it to the Windows machine didn't make a difference, I had to download it on the Windows machine itself and then it worked fine.

It happened earlier when I downloaded it from a PC too.
    I also had a *.zip file when downloaded, but you need just rename it to a *.mpe1 file.

Not sure what's happening there, were you all downloading it from the new MediaPortal repository using download link in the 1st post? Just tried it here and worked OK.. :mad:

Use the MPEI it's on the list of 'Known plugins'
    There is an error with the naming though - it just comes up as '- Matthew Carter'

That should have been fixed in the last few releases, comes up OK on my install.

I know it's a few days early, but BBC 1 HD is already test broadcasting, so any chance of a logo for it?

Way ahead of you, already in both packs (you may need to check naming it's currently named BBC ONE HD) :p

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    You will find that a lot of the logos don't have the correct name. If you could make a note of which ones needed renaming that would be helpful. I will update them in the next update.

Hmm.. problem is I already renamed a load of them...

Best thing is if I rename them, and then zip them up and repost here, then you can just add any with a different name to the pack? One other problem is that Sky Scifi/Horror has to be renamed as a channel because you cannot have a / in a filename for the logo - therefore I rename the channels Sky Scifi and Sky Scifi HD.

I'll try to finish off the ones that are remaining. I am missing some channel logos though, and they are not in the pack. I'll list those too..

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I know you guys are going to hate me for this, but here's the full channel list that I use...
    Compare and contrast (this is mainly the full FreeSat channel list -unknown and -scrambled channels)

Attachments

• channels.gif
      channels.gif
      123.6 KB

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Here's my logos folder with the logos renamed to match my channels as they were scanned - I think I got most of them, but I may have missed one or two. And some are definitely missing..

I would post my channel list which is a full Sky list, but with duplicate channels removed. How did you do that SpudR?

Attachments

• logos.zip
      2.8 MB

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    There are screen capture programs that can deal with scrolling, I don't know if they would handle the scrolling frame from the channel list, but it might be worth looking into if you are going to make a habit of doing that SpudR :D

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

There is an error with the naming though - it just comes up as '- Matthew Carter'

I hate causing problems (actually I quite enjoy it :D), I have just done a fresh install client installation and tried to install the logo pack, but it does not show up in the MPEI installer as "- Mathew Carter". It shows up as "- Mathew Carter" on my server system, but I think that is because I installed it as an MPEI downloaded from this thread (ages ago). For some reason, it shows up for updating, but not a fresh install (which is the problem I had at the weekend with my father's HTPC).

I was right about the FIVE HD logo, I am sure I am right on this one too - something is not working somewhere and I can not download the plugin.

I look forward to being corrected :D

Kep up the good work with a great plugin.

Robbo100

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,

I hate causing problems (actually I quite enjoy it :D), I have just done a fresh install client installation and tried to install the logo pack, but it does not show up in the MPEI installer as "- Mathew Carter". It shows up as "- Mathew Carter" on my server system, but I think that is because I installed it as an MPEI downloaded from this thread (ages ago). For some reason, it shows up for updating, but not a fresh install (which is the problem I had at the weekend with my father's HTPC).

I was right about the FIVE HD logo, I am sure I am right on this one too - something is not working somewhere and I can not download the plugin.

I look forward to being corrected :D

Kep up the good work with a great plugin.

Robbo100

I have just downloaded the version from the repository and it definitely 2.0.0.5 which contains the fixed title. Installed it to double check and it shows correctly in the Media Portal Extension Installer too. :)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    OK, It's a fair cop guv.

I have to admit I haven't checked the repository since I mentioned my problem before. It must be listed under the correct title today under the MPEI installed (and I was looking for "- Matthew Carter".

Please ignore my comment, and thank for putting me right.

Cheers

Robbo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom