Unable to install RC1 (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Did you uninstall old versions of both MP + TVServer and reboot afterwards.

mazou

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2005
    Brest
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes I have uninstall ms sql server + mediaportal + tv-server and reboot after.

easygoer

Portal Member
    April 18, 2008
    I got it to install and everything working OK so far except for one bug that I just picked up. If you check off "Turn TV on when startup" or something like that (I don't remember the exact option), then MediaPortal crashes and there is no way to get it back to original state. Even if you uncheck this option, it still keeps crashing and you have to uninstall/reinstall MP to get it working again.

Other than that I just have to figure out how to get everything else working such as EPG and remote. This is my first time ever using MediaPortal and hope I like it. Can anyone point to a guide to how to use XML for EPG in the United States? Thanks.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I got it to install and everything working OK so far except for one bug that I just picked up. If you check off "Turn TV on when startup" or something like that (I don't remember the exact option), then MediaPortal crashes and there is no way to get it back to original state. Even if you uncheck this option, it still keeps crashing and you have to uninstall/reinstall MP to get it working again.
    erm.... could you please start a decent bugreport with logs from that crash?

for the other question start a support thread and do not hijack other ppls threads.
    :D

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: %1 is not a valid Win32 application
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName, String arguments)
    at MediaPortal.DeployTool.MSSQLExpressChecker.Install()

This means that the SQlExpress you have downloaded was corrupted.

The install don't work with the refresh version for me.
    (i'm a vista sp1 user).

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706D9): La création d'une instance du composant COM avec le CLSID {304CE942-6E39-40D8-943A-B913C40C9CD4} à partir de IClassFactory a échoué en raison de l'erreur suivante : 800706d9.
    à System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    à System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
    à System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
    à System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
    à MediaPortal.DeployTool.WindowsFirewallChecker.GetFirewallManager()
    à MediaPortal.DeployTool.WindowsFirewallChecker.CheckStatus()

This bug ( firewall not running ) has been fixed in SVN 18843.

Simone

derelict

April 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was also unable to install RC1 refresh, crashed at a similar place. I will look into it once I get home to give better details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom