Unable to scan for Astra 4K channel (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I have tried to add HEVC support in few other places but still no playback in tsreader. Please review and let me know what's missing or wrong.

Vasilich's patch is squashed into this patch.

Thanks,
    Yrehan

You need to add a parser for the video stream to TsReader filter - it only has parsers for MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and H.264 streams at present.

A video parser basically needs to to do two things - extract the video size, frame rate, interlaced/progressive etc. information from the stream, and extract the video picture data from the transport stream packets and re-package it in the format that the downstream video decode filter expects.
    If you are lucky it may be very similar to an H.264 stream, but I've not compared the stream formats so I don't know.

may24

Portal Member
    August 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, can anyone - who successfully could record some HEVC content from the Astra SAT - post a Mediainfo analysis here ... ?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Another UHD test stream is being broadcast right now on 12441 V. I'm not interested in live TV playback of this in MediaPortal right now but I want to record it so I can view the stream elsewhere. LAV Filters supports HEVC so it may even play out-of-the-box if muxed properly anyway. MediaPortal TV Server doesn't understand the stream though...I'm surprised this hasn't been added yet, there have been numerous UHD tests over the past couple of years. :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For sure on my own build based on above commit, when i record this channel from setuptv but maybe it will work too from MP, i was able to play it with lavsplitter + lav video.

So TsReader need a tweak :) to make it work.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go for some screenshot :)

Attachments

• 09-10-30.png
      09-10-30.png
      2.1 MB
    • 09-10-44.png
      09-10-44.png
      1.8 MB
    • 09-10-57.png
      09-10-57.png
      2.9 MB
    • 09-11-12.png
      09-11-12.png
      3.3 MB

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hello,

is there an progress here? In some regions here in Germany they starting to broadcasting DVB-T2 HD in HEVC. In the German forum users already asking if there are plans to add HEVC support for TV.

@Owlsroost
    Do you have plans to add support HEVC support in the TsReader? As I have access to a T2 HEVC stream I could provide a sample or assist in testing, if you were interested?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Do you have plans to add support HEVC support in the TsReader? As I have access to a T2 HEVC stream I could provide a sample or assist in testing, if you were interested?

I'm interested in a sample recording please (30s would be fine).

I haven't had the time recently to work on HEVC de-muxing in TsReader, so no actual concrete progress.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I'm interested in a sample recording please (30s would be fine).
    Great! Will do it in the next days, just have go outside in the park, as I can't receive the signal at my place.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    If it's available, a 1080p stream would be good i.e. something that I might actually be able play in real time (4k HEVC is too much for my available hardware to handle...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom