[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4
    MPExtended is a project that aims at providing access to MediaPortal from all over the world. WebMediaPortal is a webinterface to the MediaPortal databases and TV Server, allowing you to browse and watch your media library from all computers, schedule recordings while away, and more.

The 0.5.4 release fixes a couple of bugs and includes new translations.

For people still using 0.4.3, the 0.5.0 release introduces a lot of new features, including an improved default skin, search function, translations, enhanced streaming, and more. The full changelog is available below. People already using 0.4.3 can update their installation without problems (make sure to update both the service and WebMediaPortal). Note that you will lose your configuration settings on upgrade.

Please follow the installation guide when installing WebMediaPortal for the first time. WebMediaPortal requires both the MPExtended Service and IIS Express to be correctly installed to function.

Features
    • Overview of your new movies, episodes, albums and recordings
    • Browse and listen to your music albums and tracks
    • Browse through your movie and TV show library
    • Watch your movies and TV shows from everywhere, using Flash or VLC.
    • Browse through the TV guide and schedule recordings while away
    • Watch your recorded TV programs
    • Monitor your (TV) server status
    • Multiseat support
    • Search through all your libraries and the TV guide
    • And more!

Screenshots

Upgrading
    Upgrading from any 0.5 version to the latest version in the 0.5 series (e.g. from 0.5.0 to 0.5.1) is possible without any problems.

It is possible to update your existing WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 installation to this version. You should update the service first, WebMediaPortal 0.5.0 does not run with version 0.4.3 or earlier of the service. Just run the normal installer, and it should take care of removing the previous version and installing the new one. However, you will lose your WebMediaPortal settings and you'll have to reconfigure multiseat again. You should login with the accounts you have created in the configuration program for the service (by default username 'admin' and password 'admin'). The accounts you created in WebMediaPortal itself will be deleted during the upgrade.

IIS Edition
    Since version 0.4.1 there is also an IIS Edition of WebMediaPortal. This version is intended for people who are already using the IIS webserver, and would like to let WebMediaPortal use it too (for example to reduce the system load by not having to run two webservers, or because they don't want to install IIS Express) and don't mind configuring it themselves. Please see the wiki for more documentation on this. If you've been using WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 with IIS before, you have to enable 32-bit applications in your application pool with the 0.5.0 update. Most users should continue using the standalone version.

Changelog
    0.5.4, 14 July 2013:
    • Windows 8 compatability. The normal IIS Express edition should work fine on Windows 8 now, please open a new topic with your logs if you still have problems.
    • Fix internet streaming: this should fix ALL problems where streaming doesn't work over the internet, but does on the local network. Make sure to select the Proxied streaming mode again.
    • New translations for Czech and Catalan, updated translations for French, Finnish, Hebrew, Indonesian and Slovak. As usual, a sincere thanks to the translators!
    • Make watched status of movies available to skins
    • Fix streaming on IPv6-enabled networks
    • Hide system information on status tab when loading fails (avoids spamming logs)
    • All fixes listed in the service changelog have effect in WebMediaPortal as well

Changelog of older versions is available in the spoiler below.
    [collapse]
    0.5.3, 3 February 2013:
    • Fix season list
    • Fix artwork for music albums with special characters in their name
    • Show specials for TV shows
    • Remove jQui and BlueShift that were shipped with 0.5.2 by accident
    • Fix race conditions during jQui loading
    • Fix stretched images on the homepage
    • Sort today's schedules on the homepage by starttime
    • Show weekdays in schedule list for 'weekly on this channel' schedules
    • Also disable stream authentication when authentication is disabled
    • Improve performance by caching genre lists
    • Allow Images/calendar.gif to be overriden by a skin
    • Show local disks before network drives on the Status page
    • Update German, Dutch and Swedish translations, thanks!
    • Add Indonesian translation

0.5.2, 9 January 2013:
    • Improve behaviour of the homepage when one section causes problems
    • Fix broken homepage, music section, movie section or TV show section with empty items in database
    • Fix crash when using multiseat setup
    • Fix IIS Express crash due to inaccessible TraceLogFiles directory
    • Fix a failure to start when a custom installation directory has been used
    • Fix handling of installed but unusable IIS Express 8
    • Fix exception in music section caused by incorrect Italian translation
    • Fix support for custom controllers in skins and plugins
    • Fix HTTP Live Streaming over WAN with port forwards with different internal and external port number
    • Fix asset loading order
    • Fix artwork in album player for artists and albums with apostrophes
    • Improve jQui performance on home screen
    • Expose WebProgram class to skins (allows skins to create improved EPG)
    • Update Slovenian and Lithuanian translation

0.5.1, 3 December 2012:
    • Fix streaming to the iPad
    • Fix iOS streaming over the internet
    • Support HTTP Live Streaming on Mac OS X and Android
    • Show movies tab if MP MyVideos is selected and MovingPictures isn't installed
    • Fix menubar overflowing into content on 1024px displays (at least usable now)
    • Fix new recordings link on the homepage
    • Fix last episodes link on the homepage
    • Fix empty space and sections on the homepage
    • Improve disk space information display
    • Fix duplication of English in language selection list
    • Fix reloading of CSS files after upgrade
    • Detect inaccessible media and don't show them as 1080p

0.5.0, 25 November 2012:
    • Much improved default skin
    • Search function
    • Translations for Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
    • Skin and plugin support
    • Enhanced video player with seeking support
    • A much improved music player with album support
    • Multiseat support
    • One userdatabase for WebMediaPortal and the service (managable in the tray application)
    • Much improved (TV) schedule support, including manual scheduling and edit support, and more.
    • Status page for the server, showing disk space information, current activity, tuner details, memory and CPU usage
    • Port number is now configurable in the tray application
    • Support for non-jpg artwork
    • Show placeholder images for missing artwork
    • Improved responsivity and security
    [/collapse]

Contributors
    I'd like to thank these people for their help with making this happen:
    • DieBagger for implementing a lot of features, developing aMPdroid, cleaning up the API, keeping me sane and a lot more.
    • Lyfesaver74 for his work on the default skin.
    • All the translators, who've done an awesome job on translating MPExtended.
    • Everyone who has been patient enough to wait half a year on their promised bug fixes.

Feedback
    If you've any problems, please open a new thread here. Make sure to include the logs from WebMediaPortal and the service, we can't help you without them. If you're using a skin for WebMediaPortal, please try to reproduce the bug with the default skin first. When you encounter an error in WebMediaPortal, also post the full text that appears on the screen, it includes useful details for us to fix the bug. I read all posts and try to answer most of them.

Donate
    MPExtended is a volunteer project, which we do in our free time. Donating allows us to spend more time on the project, delivering new features and bugfixes even faster, or fixing that single bug that annoys you so much. It's also very motivating for us to continue working on MPExtended.

Last edited:

joxen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    opps .. i dont have that path ...:)

Could not load type 'MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Code.XMLMembershipProvider'. (C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\web.config line 36)

at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.AccountController.Initialize(RequestContext requestContext) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Controllers\AccountController.cs:line 41

what to do ??? did install mpextended 0.5.0 and webmediaportal 0.5.0

after i am not abel to login ..

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could you try to uninstall WebMediaPortal, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal (if it still exists) and re-install it again? It looks like you have some leftovers from 0.4.3 (or an earlier version) which don't seem to have been removed during the upgrade.

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

First of all - thanks for this amazing plugin. I just installed the IIS Version and nearly everything was directly working - except of two things.
    1. If I try to Change a Setting and save this the following error is displayed:
    Code:
    Entschuldigung, während der Bearbeitung deiner Anfrage ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.
    Bitte gib die folgenden Informationen an, wenn du diesen Fehler meldest.

WebMediaPortal version 0.5.0 (commit 7095fe5).
    Request: http://whs1/mpweb/Settings

Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\Authentication.xml' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
      at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
      at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
      at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Config.ConfigurationSerializer`2.Save(TModel model) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Config\ConfigurationSerializer.cs:line 206
      at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Config.ConfigurationSerializer`2.Save() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Config\ConfigurationSerializer.cs:line 221
      at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Configuration.<Save>b__2(IConfigurationSerializer c) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Configuration.cs:line 130
      at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Config.ConfigurationList.ForEach[TResult](Func`2 action) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Config\ConfigurationList.cs:line 70
      at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Configuration.Save() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Configuration.cs:line 130
      at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Models.SettingsViewModel.SaveToConfiguration() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Models\SettingsViewModels.cs:line 223
      at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.SettingsController.Index(SettingsViewModel model) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Controllers\SettingsController.cs:line 54
      at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
      at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
      at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()
      at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f)
      at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

2. If I open the Website with IE 10 it Looks a Little bit "destroyed" - the same happens with an iPad.

Have you any ideas how I can fix these two Problems?

Attachments

• webmp.PNG
      webmp.PNG
      22.5 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi.

First of all - thanks for this amazing plugin. I just installed the IIS Version and nearly everything was directly working - except of two things.
    1. If I try to Change a Setting and save this the following error is displayed:
    Can you try to give the IIS_IUSRS group write access to the C:\ProgramData\MPExtended folder? It should work then.

2. If I open the Website with IE 10 it Looks a Little bit "destroyed" - the same happens with an iPad.
    It looks like the German translation is too long for the menu... I'll fix that for 0.5.1.

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks - the write Access helped.
    Interestingly with Chrome everything looks fine ;)
    Just found another thing:
    Flash-Playing with Chrome works fine - in IE 10 the atteched message is displayed.

Attachments

• mpweb.PNG
      mpweb.PNG
      4.3 KB

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just installed this version over 0.4.3 and I get an error when loading the page, also I can't find this option:
    Application Pool, enable 32-bit applications: True (NOTE: This setting used to be False for MPExtended 0.4.3, and should be True for MPExtended 0.5 and newer.)

I use the IIS edition. This is the error:
    Kan bestand of assembly MPExtended.Libraries.Client of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Poging om een programma te laden met een onjuiste indeling.

Beschrijving: Er is een onverwerkte uitzondering opgetreden tijdens het uitvoeren van de huidige webaanvraag. Raadpleeg de stacktracering voor meer informatie over deze fout en de oorsprong ervan in de code.

Details van uitzondering: System.BadImageFormatException: Kan bestand of assembly MPExtended.Libraries.Client of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Poging om een programma te laden met een onjuiste indeling.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Perfect, updated from the previous version and everything seems to be fine.
    Whats with the photos?
    The default skin has some problems with 1024px

€dit: i miss the user administration, in the settings menu i cant change my pw or add new users?

Last edited:

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just installed this version over 0.4.3 and I get an error when loading the page, also I can't find this option:
    Application Pool, enable 32-bit applications: True (NOTE: This setting used to be False for MPExtended 0.4.3, and should be True for MPExtended 0.5 and newer.)

Kan bestand of assembly MPExtended.Libraries.Client of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Poging om een programma te laden met een onjuiste indeling.

Beschrijving: Er is een onverwerkte uitzondering opgetreden tijdens het uitvoeren van de huidige webaanvraag. Raadpleeg de stacktracering voor meer informatie over deze fout en de oorsprong ervan in de code.

Details van uitzondering: System.BadImageFormatException: Kan bestand of assembly MPExtended.Libraries.Client of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Poging om een programma te laden met een onjuiste indeling.

Also clean Installation of 0.5 without ISSExpress Shows this one up

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Interestingly with Chrome everything looks fine ;)
    Just found another thing:
    Flash-Playing with Chrome works fine - in IE 10 the atteched message is displayed.
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

That's the error you get when the 32-bit option is wrong ;) See this for a description where you can find that setting.

Whats with the photos?
    Photo browsing isn't supported yet.
    The default skin has some problems with 1024px
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

€dit: i miss the user administration, in the settings menu i cant
    change my pw or add new users?
    You can manage the user accounts in the configuration program that came with the service now (MPExtended Configuration in start menu).
    Also clean Installation of 0.5 without ISSExpress Shows this one up
    Are you sure that you've enabled 32-bit applications in your application pool?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom