Updating custom view entries: strange behaviour (1 Viewer)

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
First of all, the specs:

Mediaportal 1.3
MyFilms 6.0.2
Skin: Default Wide

Since I have installed MP 1.3 and MyFilms 6.02 I'm observing a strange behaviour. I use a custom view called "Nuevas" (new movies) based on the MediaLabel field in AMC: for movies I haven't seen yet I write the word "nuovi" on the MediaLabel field. After watching the movie, I simply remove that word and the movie shows no more in the custom view "Nuevas". Or at least it has been so for over a year, until a switched to MP 1.3 and MF 6.0.2. Now, sometimes already watched movies keep showing in that view, even after deleting the word "nuovi" in AMC; and sometimes new movies do not show although I write the word "nuovi" in AMC. The only way to get things working is by closing MP, opening AMC, deleting the word "nuovi" and writing it again. Movies that keep showing after deleting the value "nuovi" are normally not shown anymore by simply closing and reopening MP.
I attach two logs related to following situation:
Log1: deleted the value "nuovi" after watching a movie; added a movie to AMC and written the value "nuovi" on the MediaLabel field; opened MP - watched movie is on the list, new movie is not.
Log2: closed MP, deleted the value "nuovi" from the MediaLabel field of the new movie, written it again; opened MP - watched movie is not on the list anymore, new movie is on the list.
It seems to be a kind of XML updating issue. Maybe some of you guys has a clue on how to solve it.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
Latest news: I can let new movies show up in the "Nuevas" view by simply closing and reopening MP. There is no need to open AMC and write the value again. I guess this is has always been so, I simply misevaluated the whole thing. Anyway, the problem is still there. I suppose it has to do with the fact that my HTPC is always "sleeping" when not in use. I mean I don't shut it off, I hibernate it. Could that be the reason why my custom view seems not capable to update? However, this problem is new. I have always been using the hibernate mode, but the whole thing is happening only now, after switching to MP 1.3 and MyFilms 6.02.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi tano_grasa,
    one possibility is, that this issue might be related to the navigation cache. To test, if that is the case, please whenever you "miss" the updated view, just manually select it from hidden menu and see, if it updates the display as you'd expect.displays properly.
    If that doesn't change anything, it would be good to test if 6.0.3 version already fixes that issue. If not, I'd need full logs, config and DB to reproduce it.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Hi Guzzi,

thank you for replying. Manually selecting the view from the hidden menu does not help. Nor it does selecting any other view and then switching back to "Nuevas". As for MyFilms 6.0.3, I really do not like the way it looks combined with Default Wide: the central information panel (showing the lists view, movie details or whatever) is too dark and overshadows the fanart. So I wouldn't use it even if it would solve the issue. On the other hand, if you were not interested in fixing an issue in a previous version, I would understand it. I guess most people are switching anyway to the new version, so there is no point in fixing the old one :)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    On the other hand, if you were not interested in fixing an issue in a previous version, I would understand it. I guess most people are switching anyway to the new version, so there is no point in fixing the old one :)
    If it is a bug still existing in the current version, I'd of course fix it if possible. However, even if I did that, it wouldn't help you much, as the fix will be based on current version of course - so if you prefer using the older version, that wouldn't help you unfortunately...

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Hi Guzzi,

I switched to version 6.0.3 but unfortunately this did not solve the issue. As per your request I attach the log, my DB and MyFilms configuration files. This is the documented behaviour: I removed the movie "Araya" from custom view "Nuevas" and added the movie "Cinco días sin Nora" to it. After starting up my HTPC, the movie "Araya" is still on "Nuevas", while movie "Cinco días sin Nora" is not. I really hope this issue can be fixed. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Config.zip
      30.2 KB
    • Film.xml
      2.5 MB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Thanks, will check and try to reproduce - created issue so I don't forget about it.

Last edited:

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    03.10.2013: I added a new movie to my collection. I did not add it to the "Nuevas" view. Then I searched for this movie in order to generate a set of fanarts for it, but the movie was not found. I could find it only after closing and reopening MP. Conclusion: I suspect this is not a strictly view-related issue. I guess there is a general XML updating problem. Is any of you guys out there experiencing a similar issue?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    03.10.2013: I added a new movie to my collection. I did not add it to the "Nuevas" view. Then I searched for this movie in order to generate a set of fanarts for it, but the movie was not found. I could find it only after closing and reopening MP. Conclusion: I suspect this is not a strictly view-related issue. I guess there is a general XML updating problem. Is any of you guys out there experiencing a similar issue?
    If there is made changes to the catalog, a running MyFilms/MP would detect that, reload the data from disk and reload the GUI. If that is not happening, we have to look in the logs for possible reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom