[Skin] variable Dialog Menu (option to add additional entries) (1 Viewer)

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

is it perhaps possible to implement variable / dynamic dialogs (e.g. DialogMenu) to add / use loadparameters for serverals plugins?

Example:
    I would like to implement in the ContextMenu of TvGuideBase additional entries to jump directly to some plugins like onlineVideos, TvWish, Clickfinder ProgramGuide or Webbrowser by using the loadparameters of these plugins.

At the Moment this is only possible, if you add a single button to this menu. Disadvantage is the control and the layout dont look like the perfect standard of MP.

At the moment, the menu entries are hardcoded. Perhaps there is a way to generate a menu dynamically over for example a settings xml file?

Greetings Scrounger

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Definetely not possible now. Need to create additional interface to accepting new entries from skin in dialogs. On the other hand, you could make hidden menu with needed buttons or even buttons on main screen with conditional visibility

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Definetely not possible now. Need to create additional interface to accepting new entries from skin in dialogs
    Ok, changing the interface become complex.
    In DialogMenu a listcontrol is used. My idea is to implement a new GUIListconttrol skin tag "Append", for example. In a separate xml file (not DialogMenu.xml) you can define the appending buttons (GuiListItem) with hyperlink and loadparameters. If the tag "Append" contains the path to the separate xml file, the stored "buttons" will append to the listcontrol. If the appended buttons is selected, read the hyperlink and loadparameter from the defined file. If the tag is empty, listcontrol work like it is at the moment.
    I dont know if this work, but i think this could be an easier way to implment such a feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom