video not playing due to error (1 Viewer)

ali786

Portal Member
June 18, 2016
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
hi there... i have been using media portal for a while but just developed this problem a few days ago. i am upgraded to the 1.14.0 version of media portal . using LAV filters for codecs. Whenever i try to play video i get an error msg. i have tried running media portal in watch dog mode but still keep getting the same error for any video format i try, i have uploaded the logs for both cases .
would really appreciate the help :)
Untitled.jpg
error msg unable to play video.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just a wild guess:
    I see "[2016-06-18 17:57:48,798] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - VideoPlayer9: Failed to render file -> vmr9"

Can you select "Enhanced video render" in the "Codecs and render" section of Mediaportal Configuration? It's at the "Video render" tab, and try if that solves your problem?

ali786

Portal Member
    June 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    hey..thanks for the reply....it worked for me but in the opposite way... when i opened the Video Renderer tab the enhanced video renderer was already selected as in the screen shot. Switching to Video mixer renderer 9 made it work . So i dont know what exactly happened but its working now.

Thanks for the help :)

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
      Untitled1.jpg
      328.3 KB

ali786

Portal Member
    June 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    hi....sorry i havent been able to reply back sooner...the same problem is back ....and i really dont know what is causing it !! please help :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello ali786

Please start by switching back to the "Enhanced Video Renderer". "Video Mixing Renderer 9" is really only for Windows XP. For Vista and newer, EVR should be used.

After that I suggest you update your GPU (video/graphics) driver.

ali786

Portal Member
    June 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Hey,

thanks for the reply, i tried switching back to EVR, still getting the same error. Also checked, both my graphic cards are upto date.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also checked, both my graphic cards are upto date.
    Hmmm, that's surprising. Your drivers are from 2015, but on the Intel website it looks like there are newer drivers available.
    How/where did you check for updates?

ali786

Portal Member
    June 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    I just used the device manager to check for updates. Thankyou for the link , will update both and get back to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom