Volume goes from zero to one hunder percent and vice vesrsa. (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you alter your keyboard repeat rates? Do you have some sort of accessibility settings enabled on that PC?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No wait you pushed both volume up and down. Just push volume up for 10 seconds and give me a screenshot again.

Alan D

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2016
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a quick stab , Volume up.jpg
    Held up for ten seconds.jpg

I haven’t altered the repeat rate as I don’t know where to find the config file for it yet.

I have grabbed a screen shot of a quick stab at the up volume button, and one with the button held for ten seconds.

Alan D

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2016
    Home Country
    A quick press, with INPUTSINK set.

Attachments

• Quick stab, INPUTSINK.jpg
      Quick stab, INPUTSINK.jpg
      362.7 KB

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, that's not helping. Basically when you do a quick press your receiver decides not to broadcast a key up event for some odd reason.
    When you do a long press it does. To fix it you could try making sure you only do long press in MP or wait for MP 1.14 that should not have this problem on the volume key anymore because of some other fix. You may still have that problem when using the channel up and down key though.

To fix it in your installation you could also edit the XML file mentioned at the bottom of the following documentation page and remove the repeat="true" from your volume and channel buttons.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/MediaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/01_HID

Alan D

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2016
    Home Country
    That hasn’t fixed the problem, it has modified it, in so far as now if you press the key in the same direction, i.e. first press up, then press up again, it will stop the indicator bar, but still a bit hit or miss as to whether it will stop, sometimes it will, but not always, also the OSD will stall then disappear and not come back for about four or five seconds, so you have to wait to continue.

Thank you very much for trying to fix it for me, I shouldn’t have any troubles with the new amp as that is how I have been running the server, but if you have any ideas that you want to try out, I will most probably still have it set the way it is now, so should be able to try them out for you.

You don’t get this kind of help from commercial outfits do you?

Once again thank you Stéphane and CyberSimian.

Alan

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The XML mods if properly applied should have fixed the problem. Double check that you don't have a custom setting file too in which case that's the one you need to modify. See documentation as linked above.

You could also just remove the VolumeIncrement and VolumeDecrement button sections from those XML files. Remove the mute section while you are at it.

Last edited:

Alan D

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2016
    Home Country
    Thank you Stéphane, I will give that a try tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom