VolumeControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @Micropolis

My 2.0 speaker setup takes the digital audio signal directly via USB (eliminating poor sound quality/losses from the soundcard) and the DAC is integrated within one of the speakers. Because of this the plugin reports only one channel detected...... Screenshot_3.png......and I can only adjust volume via the left speaker volume up/down buttons within the GUI although I have configured the plugin to adjust channels independently......Screenshot_7.png

Is there any way the plugin can accommodate this kind of setup?

Regards.

P.S. Avallanche is now supported.

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kjegibbons,
    ... Is there any way the plugin can accommodate this kind of setup? ...
    VolumeControl use the "new" (introduced with Windows Vista) sound device specific layer API from Windows directly. The plugin itself does not offer the possibility to configure the devices itself.
    The only way to get around that problem mentioned by you, is the configuration in Windows itself. Here I can not help due to lack of hardware or test conditions. Sorry.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the main goal of the ongoing plugin sprint cycle was the addition to control record devices. After such steps I had to admit, that the current code base and architecture was'nt flexible enough to easily add new functionalities and user requests.
    Therefore I decide to start a complete refactoring of this plugin. At the first post of this thread you can find the first release candidate version for v1.2.0. These changes were not intended to introduce incompatibilities to existing skins, but
    • to create a maintainable code base for future changes and suggestions,
    • to harmonize skin handling and property names with other plugins of mine,
    • to give a skinner more design options,
    • to improve the functionaility and usability and
    • to change the plugin performance dramatically.
    Please be aware, that almost all properties and skin control routines must be changed, a documentation of the new property names and a generic skin file is included. I hope that these changes will appeal and respective skin owners offers medium-term support.

Thank you for your understanding and cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    attached at the first post of this thread please find release candidate 2 of VolumeControl v1.2.0. This version contains minor fixes only.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    as part of the easter rollout of my plugin collection please find version 1.2.0 of VolumeControl at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository. Please be aware, that this version requires reworked skin files. As a reference, please use the distributed generic skin files.

Personal note: Due to the expected workload in the next month and lack of time I feel compelled to reduce the plugin development to a minimum. I'm not sure when I'll have the time again, but I assure that the plugins are not dead and showstopper problems will be fixed in a timely manner. I ask for proper understanding and thank everyone for the many years of support.

Cheers and see you soon as possible, Micropolis

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Micropolis:
    Just a heads up - VolumeControl v1.2.0.mpe1 does not contain all the skin xmls in the VolumeControl v1.2.0.zip file, e.g:
    1. VolumeControlPlayback.xml
    2. VolumeControlRecord.xml
    3. VolumeNotification.xml
    The mpe1 file contains only VolumeControl.xml.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Micropolis

I found an issue while using this plugin after the upgrade to 1.2.0. When I switch from one screen to another (both screen have build-in audio), I get an error popup message from windows:

System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
    bij VolumeControlPlugin.VolumeControl.SetChannelState()
    bij VolumeControlPlugin.VolumeControl.RefreshDeviceProperties(Object sender, EventArgs eArgs)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    etc.
    When I install version 1.1.1 again, it is gone. So I assume it has something to do with 1.2.0.

Logs are included

Thanks!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello pilot_bas,
    ... I found an issue while using this plugin after the upgrade to 1.2.0. When I switch from one screen to another (both screen have build-in audio), I get an error popup message from windows ...
    please find the hotfix version v1.2.1 of VolumeControl at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom