VolumeControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
please find at the well known places version 1.5.0 of VolumeControl. This update is required to support my updated plugin framework and the upcoming version of MediaPortal v1.7.0. Important: this version is only compatible with MediaPortal version 1.6.0 and above. For prior releases, please download the archived installer from our repository.

Cheers, Micropolis

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Micropolis,

Thanks for the updates on the plugins!
    When opening the Volume control plugin I get a black screen with the tekst missing or invalid file.

I did a little look in the logs, but I couldn't find anything.
    Logs are attached.

I did an uninstall and a frew install on 1.5.0, but even that did not help.
    I got it in every skin (the standards and aMPed).

regards,
    Bas

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello pilot_bas,
    ... When opening the Volume control plugin I get a black screen with the tekst missing or invalid file ...
    after taking a first look into the appropriate log files I can see some exceptions when starting the plugin and when trying to open the plugin window.
    To find the root cause efficiently, please give me some more background information:
    • The plugin was not developed for server operating systems. Was it possible to use the functionality of this plugin before?
    • Which version of VolumeControl works fine before?
    • Are the skin files do you use compatible with version 1.5.0? If you are unsure, please try the skin files from the installer package. (Please remember: with the introduction of VolumeControl 1.2.0 and higher a few skin changes was required)
    • Could you disable the record device(s) temporarily for testing? Please do the same step for playback devices.
    Thanks and cheers, Micropolis

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Micropolis,

I use this plugin quite a long time now and it used to work perfectly. The last working condition was with MP 1.5.0 and Volumecontrol 1.4.0
    After updating to 1.7.1, I needed to update the plugin too. I use worldclock and worldweather too, that has no real issues.
    (although on both plugins, the time zone for each location was reset after the update, but that is easy to fix).

I did your steps by disabeling the devices but no luck....
    I realy like this plugin, so I hope you have an idea!

Kindest regards,
    Bas

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Micropolis,
    Do you have time to help me to get this plugin working again?

Kindest regards,
    Bas

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @pilot_bas,

... Do you have time to help me to get this plugin working again? ...
    I'm not really sure, if it's possible to detect the issue inside my personal environment. Here everything is working as expected (this corresponds to my own expectation, because I do not change the core routines since version 1.4) and debugging the source does not show me anomalies or errors.
    My last hope is the attached debug version of VolumeControl. Please copy the files manually to the plugin folder, disable ALL other plugins temporary, increase the log level and start/stop MediaPortal to provoke the error. After that, please send me related logfiles (at least mediaportal.log and mediaportal-error.log).

EDIT: How many channels could be found, when you open the devices tab of VolumeControl configuration?

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Micropolis,

In the attachment the screenprint from the devices and the logs with all the other plugins deactivated.
    Hope you can find something?
    Strange it happens as it used to work perfect. I haven't changed anything to the settings when upgrading...

Regards,
    Bas

Attachments

• Devices.JPG
      Devices.JPG
      37.1 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @pilot_bas,
    after taking a look into the log, you can see this significant line: "[2014-05-11 12:37:21,602] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Volume Control: Volume Control is designed for operating systems higher than Microsoft Windows XP. Plugin initialization stopped.". This is the root cause for some null reference exceptions later.
    With the attached version I've extend the operating system check, server systems will be handled now separately. Please retest the attached debug version again and give me a short feedback.

Cheers, Micropolis

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

I overwrite the Original v1.5.0 version with the dll file (not the debug version) and I still get the warning for Vista and XP when trying to edit the plugin (in MP config).
    But the good news is:
    When starting MP, the plugin works again!!!

Thanks man!

Let me know if I need to test more (now or in the future)

Regards,
    Bas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom