Weekend Installing MP (1 Viewer)

ErickTreetops

Portal Member
May 10, 2015
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Yes the original new WD HD i had had errors and had to be replaced.
The Hardisk3/dr3 was a virutal DVD drive I used to install software. It was created by Daemon Lite.
The version of Daemon Lite I used isn't very compatible with Win8.1 and I did uninstall it yesterday.

I'll switch off windows defender and see if AVG can work normally again.
I think the mention of whether the sound stops working may be a clue. A few times for no reason i loose sound on the tv.
If i exit into Windows the Speaker Icon show MP volume has been muted. Not sure why this occurs.

I also had another blue screen of death tonight and open the Windows Dump file which indicated that
SQL was the cause this time. I ran a SQL compare but it didn't find anything. I'm wonder if I should uninstall SQL2012 and replace it with 2008R2 ?
Or I can install a full SQL version if required ?

Other errors on the event log list e1iexpress and Mobsync.exe as causing error, I turned off file synching to hopefully stop the Mobsync.exe from occurring again.
Not sure what the igfxCUIService event 0 means.

Will make changes tomorrow night and see what occurs.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I also had another blue screen of death tonight and open the Windows Dump file which indicated that
    SQL was the cause this time. I ran a SQL compare but it didn't find anything. I'm wonder if I should uninstall SQL2012 and replace it with 2008R2 ?
    Your ms sql may have failed do to whatever drive issues your system is having.

I also see in the config for MP you went with the MS SQL, did you know that you can allow MP to install MySql and it will not interfear with your MS SQL.... MP using mysql will create all the correct information and should cure the issues for MP

The more I read your system and application event logs, the more I am sure most if not all the issues are hardware and driver issues.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That seems really odd to me. As I mentioned previously: only kernel level software (drivers and such) can directly cause BSODs. I didn't think SQL Server interacted with hardware at a low level... so I'd be more inclined to think you had some dodgy hardware or drivers that were causing this, and that changing the version of SQL Server wouldn't make any difference.

[edit: Duh! Sorry, didn't see breese's post. I basically agree with him. :) ]

ErickTreetops

Portal Member
    May 10, 2015
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK so I followed the tips suggested and have had no blue screen if death to 48 hours. I'm thing audio driver reinstallation might have done it.

The next issue is why HTPC won't go to sleep and wakes up during the night. Have posted this on remote forum but welcome any ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom