Where can i get v. 6.0.3.2952 or the new 6.1 Version ? (1 Viewer)

Picard007

Portal Member
June 27, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello, sorry for that question,

but i search Version 6.0.3.2952 or the new Versions 6.1.0...

In the Mediaportal Extension Manager there is no Update to .2952 ( i unchecked the only stable button)...

So can anybody help me ?

regards

Picard007

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    V6.1 is almost ready and currently in testing - we'll either post it first in forum or publish to extensions manager when it is ready for that.

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    V6.1 is almost ready and currently in testing - we'll either post it first in forum or publish to extensions manager when it is ready for that.
    (y) I took the Liberty to try it out - looking really good. Have a question though: I am running Titan skin and I get a warning that I better update to skin version 1.1 - will it be included in MyFilms or do I have to wait for Titan dev to add this?

Many thanks for your hard work!

U

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    (y) I took the Liberty to try it out - looking really good.
    Good to know and thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I just found a bug in logo engine, uploading new test build right now.
    Have a question though: I am running Titan skin and I get a warning that I better update to skin version 1.1 - will it be included in MyFilms or do I have to wait for Titan dev to add this?
    The MyFilms Titan skin is maintained within the Titan Extended package, so will come with an update of that package.
    The warning indicates, that you need a skin update to get all features of the new version, but still allows to run Myfilms - see also here.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi u28151 - brave lad :p but 6.1.0 is awesome! What version of MP are you using? We haven't been able to find anyone to test it yet using MP 1.5.0. I suspect it won't install, or be incompatible due to the compatibility changes in MP for 1.6.0, but you never know for sure until you test!

The reason you get that warning with Titan (and all skins for MF 6.1.0 until they are updated) is because there is a new skin file required for downloading BoxSet/Collection covers from TMDb (MyFilmsDialogImageSelect.xml). Since that is a pretty major feature, we felt it was important to bump the MF skin version to warn users that their skin files have not been updated yet. It's a pretty easy change for skins to add the new skin file (it's not that complex!) and we did give them months of warning, but understandably skins don't update until features are 'stable'.

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    We haven't been able to find anyone to test it yet using MP 1.5.0.
    Hi Dadeo, I am still running 1.5 on my test system, would be happy to give it a test if you'd like...
    I'm assuming u28151 got the svn version, as I have not seen anything > 6.0.3.2921 on the google code page as yet. Have I missed a conversation somewhere?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @bwg - thanks - see new conversation :D
    Guzzi had posted links to test versions here and there so that's probably how @u28151 found latest test versions :p he's a smarty pants.

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi u28151 - brave lad :p but 6.1.0 is awesome! What version of MP are you using? We haven't been able to find anyone to test it yet using MP 1.5.0. I suspect it won't install, or be incompatible due to the compatibility changes in MP for 1.6.0, but you never know for sure until you test!

The reason you get that warning with Titan (and all skins for MF 6.1.0 until they are updated) is because there is a new skin file required for downloading BoxSet/Collection covers from TMDb (MyFilmsDialogImageSelect.xml). Since that is a pretty major feature, we felt it was important to bump the MF skin version to warn users that their skin files have not been updated yet. It's a pretty easy change for skins to add the new skin file (it's not that complex!) and we did give them months of warning, but understandably skins don't update until features are 'stable'.

:) Yeah, I tend to live dangerously...
    However I cannot say I am using all the features available in this wonderful Product, though it serves the purpuse for me - and way over expecations.
    The only thing to nag about is the warning you mention :) Now it appears every time I startup MP, and since there is a bug resuming MP from standby I must restart MP during autologon on my media user on all my MP Machines in the household - I would really like an option to depress this warning - if possible. Since I live on the edge I also run on the latest available MP version, 1.8.0 Pre release.
    Question: Do the skin dev automatically get notification on major change in this plugin so he/she can start working on it?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Question: Do the skin dev automatically get notification on major change in this plugin so he/she can start working on it?
    Actually months ago when we released the features in test mode in 6.0.3. All skinners can update their skin files in advance by using testmode (like I did for aMPed ;)) And we had a conversations with skinners and testers. We also added to Skin Changes in wiki last July 2013! (Skinners are supposed to subscribe to updates to that page). But we spaced out about bumping the skin version due to the new download collection covers dialog until recently :( So we may remove that for final, not sure yet. It's a crap shoot - experienced users hate it, new users get confused when their skin doesn't do what release news/docs say. o_O Personally I tend to 'err' on the side of new users cuz I know experienced MP users will figure out everything, or ask until they do! :p

To figure out how to change it yourself, see the Skin Changes docs in wiki.

Sorry to hear about your issues resuming from Standby :( I hope that gets fixed for 1.8.0 final!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom