WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (1 Viewer)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Regarding broken previous channel feature, I can confirm that the issue is within WifiRemote but I haven't yet found a way to retrieve the now playing info for tv without updating the current channel.

The problem is that several events are sent when a channel is changed. When this occur the current channel is not updated, i.e. it shows the channel that was tuned before the channel was changed. What I did was to force an update of the current channel and then check if the channel has changed and only send now playing message if the channel has changed. But this brake the previous channel feature. The current/next channel info will be wrong in the now playing message if removing the updating part.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @johanj i did some futher testing. Ive reverted my Argus TV to version 2.2, same Issue. Then reverted MePo 1.6 to 1.6 pre, tried with both Argus 2.2 and 2.2.1 RC but all the same. Everytime i cannot change channel. Don't know what else to do.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I will make some testbuilds for you tonight, I can send them through pm so I do not post a lot of faulty dlls here. I add here it later if we succeed.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For all that are wondering , we now have a working dll which basically doesn't do anything, but I can switch channels when it's enabled. Tomorrow we'll continue with turning on stuff to see what breaks the channel switching.

We now have a working version! :)

Last edited:

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I commented on your fork. Will copy and commit your changes directly, maybe you need to make a clean fork when that is done? Not sure where the problem with the pull requests is, but I guess something already was wrong when you did the last one.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Previous channel issue is probably fixed, I have sent a dll in pm for testing purpose to the two that reported the issue here in this thread.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am currently writing a module for FHEM (a home automation server) to get infos from WifiRemote and i encountered a strange thing.
    When something e.g. music is playing the update messages are sent as usual but when i hit the stop button on the remote no message is sent.
    There is just another message when something in the ui changes but there is no chance to detect that playing has stopped.

Is this a bug or "works as designed"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom