WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (2 Viewers)

Kevin Penny

Portal Member
January 31, 2014
Home Country
Canada Canada
Perfect -
I can see the json data coming through to the HTPC from the Control Processor via WireShark, ending in \r\n however I cannot seem to get the Screen to move - just sending the command 'left' or 'right' per the json data in the wiki. More to come...

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Perfect -
    I can see the json data coming through to the HTPC from the Control Processor via WireShark, ending in \r\n however I cannot seem to get the Screen to move - just sending the command 'left' or 'right' per the json data in the wiki. More to come...
    There is a sample client in the WifiRemote project, you could use this to compare what is sent to the server...

NewbieFromHell

Portal Member
    July 10, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi all is there a problem with .8 ??

my MPE auto updated wifiremote to .8 and my couchpotato stopped working, when i went into the extension config wifi remote was no longer there.

I reinstalled .8 with no luck, rolled back to 7.1 nothing, finally i've updated to 1.6MP and when trying to update to .8 i keep getting 404 file not found from the MPE ?

any ideas ??

Kevin Penny

Portal Member
    January 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Perfect -
    There is a sample client in the WifiRemote project, you could use this to compare what is sent to the server...

Got it working! I had to separate out the \r\n from the data - I'm using a javascript layer and an xml layer - and having them play well together -
    I have created a driver for it for RTI (rticorp.com) equipment which is cool as I can now send direct tcp requests from the processor to the HTPC and it all just works! Great Stuff - I love it -

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi all is there a problem with .8 ??

my MPE auto updated wifiremote to .8 and my couchpotato stopped working, when i went into the extension config wifi remote was no longer there.

I reinstalled .8 with no luck, rolled back to 7.1 nothing, finally i've updated to 1.6MP and when trying to update to .8 i keep getting 404 file not found from the MPE ?

any ideas ??
    Sorry I didn't answer sooner, was sick this week. WifiRemote 0.8 only works with MediaPortal 1.6. You should be able to get it from MPEI, if that doesn't work maybe try to download it directly from the MediaPortal repository or github. All links should be in the first post of this thread. CouchPotato is working with 0.8, so there is something wrong with your installation I guess.

If that doesn't help please post log files, maybe we can find something out with those.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WifiRemote 0.8.1 released

Changelog:
    • api level increased to 15
    • added "ok" dialog to ShowDialogs
    • fixed tv now playing message braking zero button for switching to previous channels (thanks johanj!)
    • fixed crash when using MediaPortal screen blanking (thanks johanj!)
    • added MediaPortal compatibility checks

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    WifiRemote 0.8.1 released

Changelog:
    • api level increased to 15
    • added "ok" dialog to ShowDialogs
    • fixed tv now playing message braking zero button for switching to previous channels (thanks johanj!)
    • fixed crash when using MediaPortal screen blanking (thanks johanj!)
    • added MediaPortal compatibility checks

Thanks for the update! Nice to see that you're still working on it.. :)

The update is still not visible in the MP extensions installer! Did you pushed an update allready?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I updated the update.xml ... Maybe something went wrong, I will have a look tonight. (You do have MediaPortal 1.6, right?)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, I updated the update.xml ... Maybe something went wrong, I will have a look tonight. (You do have MediaPortal 1.6, right?)

1.6 on my HTPC, 1.7 on nu test PC. Does that matter? :) I will check and report if I can see the update tomorrow.. :)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1.6 on my HTPC, 1.7 on nu test PC. Does that matter? :) I will check and report if I can see the update tomorrow.. :)
    1.7 Requires a new build due to the plugin dependency bump and the window plugin changes.

I will upload an mpei for that tonight, seems to work here but I can't test the more advanced stuff (tv, playlists, ...) properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom