WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (3 Viewers)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    For music you will need to first use GetExternalMediaInfo in MPExt. to get playInfo. Then call WifiRemote with
    {Type: mpext, Action: play, ItemId: TrackId, MediaType: type, ProviderId: provider, StartPosition: 0, PlayInfo: playInfo}

Don't think you can play internet radio stream directly. But you can add it as radio channel and play that
    Type:playradiochannel, ChannelId:id

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Radio is working fine.

I tried to start music like this:

{"Type":"mpext","Action":"play","ItemId":"345", "MediaType":1,"ProviderId":4,"StartPosition":0,"PlayInfo": {"Type":"mpmusic track","Id":"345"}}

But it starts another track :)

Added: I see. It's the problem, that MusicDatabase is updated to V13 in Mediaportal 1.6.0 and I had also V12 in same older from older 1.5.0 installation.
    I lost all music functionality in MPExtended after I deleted V12. :(

Last edited:

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Maybe the last question. Everything is playing except lossless music with one flac file for the whole album and cue file.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry, no clue. You should probably look at the WifiRemote code for how music is started and compare that to how MP is doing ithe same.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, that solves the issue for you but do not improve WifiRemote...

Kevin Penny

Portal Member
    January 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I may have found a bug or at least a feature needed:
    When I'm in a Playlist for example, and I have the list vertical and am navigating up/down, then I click on a song, the song will start, however I'm looking to immediately populate the 'Title' in a device from the 'status' message - the title is empty, however the isPlaying is true and I know the song I clicked on is playing.

The feedback message is in the form of:

{ "Type":"status","IsPlaying":true,..."Title":"","CurrentModule":"music/playlist","SelectedItem":"Rihanna - Right Now", ...}

If the 'Title' was populated while the item is playing, that would be nice immediate feedback, otherwise I have to navigate down or up one to get that data populated. Is it my coding on my end or can this be confirmed?

Thanks - this rocks

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Why not use the 'nowplaying' message? It includes much more info about the playing media. I'm not using the 'Title' from the 'status' message myself.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version 0.8.2.1 released

Changelog:
    • api level increased to 16
    • MediaPortal 1.7 compatibility, does not work with earlier MediaPortal versions!
    • added "TvPluginInstalled" boolean to welcome message
    • fixed order of tracks when playing multi-disc albums (thanks, Kucheek!)
    0.8.2.1 is compatible with MediaPortal 1.7 only and should be available via MPEI and the MediaPortal download repository.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom