WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (2 Viewers)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Shukuyen
    Mediaportal crashed when coming from resume today. The crash was caused by wifiremote. Any clue to prevent this from happening again?
    Ok my guess what happened here is that WifiRemote tried to publish the Bonjour service while already trying to publish it. That wouldn't normally be a problem, but in this case you may have run in some kind of race condition I guess. Not really sure though. I put some checks in the code to maybe prevent that from happening.

Are you able to reproduce the crash? Or was that a one-time thing? If you are able to reproduce it I can send you a test dll file if you want to try my fix.

Also you have a lot of other problems in your MediaPortal.log file ... One that also has to do with WifiRemote is this:
    [WIFI_REMOTE] Could not decrypt config string!
    This happens when WifiRemote reads the username and password you set in the config from your MediaPortal.xml file and tries to decrypt them without success ... Not sure why that happens, but you should be able to fix that by having a look at the WifiRemote section in there.[DOUBLEPOST=1403642207][/DOUBLEPOST]@wilcken @wonkyd @NewbieFromHell Was your error fixed by removing the -1 plugin from the savedPlugins entry in the MediaPortal.xml file?
    @Kevin Penny Were you able to solve your problem? If not please PM me, maybe I can help you

Last edited:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok my guess what happened here is that WifiRemote tried to publish the Bonjour service while already trying to publish it. That wouldn't normally be a problem, but in this case you may have run in some kind of race condition I guess. Not really sure though. I put some checks in the code to maybe prevent that from happening.

Are you able to reproduce the crash? Or was that a one-time thing? If you are able to reproduce it I can send you a test dll file if you want to try my fix.

Also you have a lot of other problems in your MediaPortal.log file ... One that also has to do with WifiRemote is this:
    [WIFI_REMOTE] Could not decrypt config string!
    This happens when WifiRemote reads the username and password you set in the config from your MediaPortal.xml file and tries to decrypt them without success ... Not sure why that happens, but you should be able to fix that by having a look at the WifiRemote section in there.[DOUBLEPOST=1403642207][/DOUBLEPOST]@wilcken @wonkyd @NewbieFromHell Was your error fixed by removing the -1 plugin from the savedPlugins entry in the MediaPortal.xml file?
    @Kevin Penny Were you able to solve your problem? If not please PM me, maybe I can help you
    Thanks for looking into this.

This was a random crash. I remember having these crashes before, but they don't happen that often.

What should I do? Test your fix anyway, or wait for another crash?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for looking into this.

This was a random crash. I remember having these crashes before, but they don't happen that often.

What should I do? Test your fix anyway, or wait for another crash?
    I will try to get a new version out with this fix and one for the configuration xml crash the other guys were reporting (plugins with the same plugin id, btw) soon. If it doesn't happen all the time I guess you can just wait and update :)

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi,

is there any way to log all the communications between the client and wifiremote?
    I just had a look in the Mediaportal.log but did only find translated messages and not the "raw" ones.

Thanks!
    Eggert

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

is there any way to log all the communications between the client and wifiremote?
    I just had a look in the Mediaportal.log but did only find translated messages and not the "raw" ones.

Thanks!
    Eggert

Hi eggert,

Only by compiling the plugin yourself and enabling the log statements in Core/SocketServer.cs lines 245 and 519.

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi Shukuyen,

thanks for the info!
    I'll try to get this done, never compiled anything before :D

Eggert

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi Shukuyen,

I found a simplier way (for me) to get the log into the client software.
    I am just trying to understand what happens. I found a message which does not start with "Type" which caused my client to have unexpected errors.
    I thought every message is defined by the "Type".

Do you know what's this about?

Code:
    {"MediaType":"music","MpExtId":"-1","MpExtMediaType":1,"MpExtProviderId":4,"ItemId":-1,"Album":"","AlbumArtist":"","Artist":"","BitRate":0,"BitRateMode":"","BPM":0,"Channels":0,"Codec":"","Comment":"","Composer":"","Conductor":"","DateTimeModified":"\/Date(-62135596800000+0100)\/","DateTimePlayed":"\/Date(-62135596800000+0100)\/","DiscId":0,"DiscTotal":0,"Duration":0,"Genre":"","Lyrics":"","Rating":0,"SampleRate":0,"TimesPlayed":0,"Title":"","Track":0,"TrackTotal":0,"URL":"","WebImage":"","Year":0,"ImageName":""}

Thanks!
    Eggert

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm that is part of the "nowplaying music" message and should not be a message sent by Wifiremote on its own.
    It should always be inside the "MediaInfo" property of a message with type nowplaying.

Are you sure you are getting this standalone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom