WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (4 Viewers)

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
January 23, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ahh success! It appears to work just fine now. What was the issue?
Thank you!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Playvideo was called from a background thread in your case (not sure why that didn't happen here). The problem was that it actively brings the video player to full screen mode, but that method can only be called from the main thread.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So, I assume you put in code to explicitly use the main thread. It clearly works in my case. Thank you again.

jensbchr

August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Shukuyen

Is it possible to remote control with only WifiRemote and aMPdroid, I saw somewhere that I also needed MPextended?
    I have tried to connect but I can not.
    I there an updated setup guide somewhere on the forum?

BR

Jensbchr

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to remote control with only WifiRemote and aMPdroid, I saw somewhere that I also needed MPextended?

Hi Jensbchr,
    WifiRemote is a plugin that provides remote control abilities to other programs, like for example ampdroid. So with WifiRemote only you can for example navigate MediaPortal, play or pause something and so on.
    MPExtended is a windows service that shares your media library with other programs and also makes it possible to stream content from your MediaPortal to other apps.

I don't know if ampdroid works with only one of them or if there is a setup guide. Maybe @DieBagger can help?

Stephen Bromfield

Portal Member
    March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I hope this is the right place to post this question.
    I am developing an Android remote for my TV, receiver, mediapc etc and at the moment am working on controlling MediaPortal and have done the TV part of it with no problems but I am stuck on such a simple issue of playing a video which has been started before. MediaPortal will give the prompt to start from the beginning or to resume and I can't get it to select either. I notice also that Ampdroid also fails to select.

The response I receive is:-

{
    "Type":"dialog",
    "Dialog":{"ListItems":
    [{"Label":"1 Play video from beginning","Label2":"","Label3":""},
    {"Label":"2 Resume playback from 0:03","Label2":"","Label3":""}],
    "Heading":"A Girl in Every Port",
    "DialogText":null,
    "DialogType":"Context menu",
    "DialogId":2012,
    "DialogValue":0,
    "AvailableActions":["listselect","cancel"]},"DialogShown":true,"DialogUpdate":false
    }

I have tried responding with

{
    "ActionType":"ok",
    "Index":0
    }
    also
    {
    "ActionType":"listselect",
    "DialogType":"Context menu",
    }

would appreciate any help.

Best regards,
    Steve B

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Steve

When you say "the response I receive is...", how exactly are you acquiring a response?

I'm just trying to figure out what (if any) correlations exist between the layer which you're dealing with (which I have no idea about) and the code (which is using properties like "SelectedLabel" and "SelectedId").

If I knew nothing else about your problem, my intuition would have been to use "DialogValue" rather than "Index" in the response.

Regards,
    mm

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

It looks like you are using WifiRemote so you'll probably get a better response posting here.

From the Wiki I think the correct response should be

{
    "ActionType":"listselect",
    }

Failing that try 1 or 2 as the 'Index' value...or maybe the plugin's developer @Shukuyen can help

Stephen Bromfield

Portal Member
    March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi mm,
    I am sending a JSON object command with an AsyncTask in Android and am also using WireShark to monitor what is being transmitted and received.
    I send the JSON command :-

{
    "Type":"mpext",
    "Action":"play",
    "ItemId":"214",
    "MediaType":0,
    "PlayInfo":{"Type":"myvideos","Id":"214"},
    "ProviderId":7,
    "StartFullscreen":true,
    "StartIndex":0,
    "StartPosition":0
    }
    to start the video. If I haven't watched any of the video before it just starts and there is no issue but if I have watched part of the video I get the ppup menu on MediaPortal to give the option of starting from the beginning or to resume. The response is of a type 'dialog' to get the DialogId I discovered that it was part of a sub JSON object.

I am trying to respond with a dialog response but it doesn't appear to be as easy as in http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/3_Plugins/WifiRemote/Commands

Regards,
    Steve B[DOUBLEPOST=1440528122][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi Brownard,

I have tried the command you suggested with no success but thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I wasn't too sure where to go so tried here first.

Many thanks for your help.

Steve B

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom