WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (4 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the clarification Steve

I'm going to move this thread to the WiFiRemote section as suggested by Brownard.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This used to work for me in MPiV but its currently broken with Moving Pictures. I wonder if it happend with an update of MP or WifiRemote. I recreater my movie database but issue the same. I also got the same issue if using the arrow keys and ok button through wifiremote on the resume dialog, i.e. select yes for resume movie at a specific position.

Stephen Bromfield

Portal Member
    March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I though the problem might have been how I created the JSON command. I think it is still an issue so I tried the up/down/ok commands as well. They work with no problem until the dialog is displayed. I then tried using the Demo Client which seems to work OK, the commands being sent were exactly the same, the only difference between the two is that I am using IPv4 whereas the Demo Client is using IPv6. It doesn't help me very much as I don't know how to open an IPv6 socket in Android yet and can't find any help on the internet.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Resume works for me, it was my bad in development code. It worked fine in released version.

To handle the dialog I use:
    {Type: "dialog", ActionType: action, DialogId: dialogId, Index: 0}

with the actions yes, no and cancel.

The dialog id is found from WifiRemote dialog data.Type=dialog event:
    data.Dialog.DialogId but I think the id for this dialog is 100

Stephen Bromfield

Portal Member
    March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Interesting, it still didn't work for me but I have now noticed that after I send the command to play my video it will not respond to the next command so I now think my problem is the command to play the video rather that the dialog command. I am using :-

{
    "Type":"mpext",
    "Action":"play",
    "ItemId":"214",
    "MediaType":0,
    "PlayInfo":{"Type":"myvideos","Id":"214"},
    "ProviderId":7,
    "StartFullscreen":true,
    "StartIndex":0,
    "StartPosition":0
    }

I have tried others like:-

{
    "Type":"playfile",
    "FileType":"video",
    "FilePath":"G:\Movies\Armageddon\Armageddon.mkv"
    }

but the 1st one is the only one I have got to work.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    For historical reasons I use for moving pictures:
    {Type: "movingpictures", Action: "playmovie", MovieId: parseInt(MovieId)}

Not sure why I use playlist commands for the mpext. play but probably I had an issue with the mpext play command

self.send({Type: "playlist", PlaylistAction: "clear", PlaylistType: playlistType});
    setTimeout(function() {
    self.send({Type: "mpext", Action: "enqueue", ItemId: id, MediaType: parseInt(mediaType), ProviderId: parseInt(provider), StartPosition: 0, PlayInfo: playInfo});
    }, 50);
    setTimeout(function() {
    self.send({Type: "playlist", PlaylistAction: "play", PlaylistType: playlistType, Index: 0});
    }, 100);

Stephen Bromfield

Portal Member
    March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I am sending this now:-

{"Type":"movingpictures","AutologinKey":"90063ae51c869d09ad3ee5ae8cdec4c1","Action":"playmovie","MovieId":214}

but still won't start the video but it will take any other command which follows now, I am sending the MovieId as an int and not a string.

Am I being stupid and missing a setting or a plugin.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Seems correct, but I dont use th autologin feature. I would check the MP log for exceptions, WifiRemote log there.

Stephen Bromfield

Portal Member
    March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Funny you should say check the log, I had just done this to find it say the id had not been found, turns out it was me being stupid.
    I have just tested out the playing and the selection of the resumption and all is working well now.

I would just like to thank you for all your help and patience, it is greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom