WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (4 Viewers)

Stephen Bromfield

Portal Member
March 3, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hopefully my last question.
I used the MovieId which I got from MPExtended and this was my issue and to test I just took a random low number and a movie started.
My problem now is that I need the ID for moving pictures which I can't find. How do I get the IDs retating to the movies in moving pictures.

Stephen Bromfield

Portal Member
March 3, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Sorry I was being stupid again, that was where I was getting them from. I had taken a single ID which I had before and was just using that but they had all changed while I had been messing around trying to sort my problem out so the wrong movie was starting or at least so I thought

Thanks yet again and I will leave you in peace.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No worries, just ask if you get stuck. I know how frustrating it can be with hours of debugging these kind of issues...

loopery

Portal Member
    September 26, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is WiFiRemote working for MP 1.12.0? When I try to configure it, through the MP extension manager, the setup just crashes. Not sure what logs, if any, to upload.

Also, though the setup crashes, it stills let me create a login which I used for ampdroid on my phone; and though the remote connects (light turns green), the controls aren't responsive.

Any help would be nice :)

Attachments

• mpe crash.JPG
      mpe crash.JPG
      118.9 KB
    Last edited:

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is WiFiRemote working for MP 1.12.0? When I try to configure it, through the MP extension manager, the setup just crashes. Not sure what logs, if any, to upload.

Also, though the setup crashes, it stills let me create a login which I used for ampdroid on my phone; and though the remote connects (light turns green), the controls aren't responsive.

Any help would be nice :)

Hey loopery,
    I just installed MP 1.12 and WifiRemote yesterday without problems. Doesn't mean there aren't any ;)
    Does the crash also happen if you start the configuration from MediaPortal configuration? Can you please post your Configuration.log file? Thanks!

loopery

Portal Member
    September 26, 2015
    Home Country
    Does the crash also happen if you start the configuration from MediaPortal configuration?

Don't think WiFiRemote is configurable through the MP client. I've looked through it, and all that's available is the change logs and the option to uninstall.

I uploaded some logs. A few things stick out, but I'm no expert, nor would I know how to fix it.

From MpeInstaller.log:
    [2015-10-02 01:45:04,344] [Error ] [1 ] [ERROR] - [WifiRemote Setup] Plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\TvPlugin.dll incompatible

From MpeInstaller-Error.log
    [2015-10-03 20:54:17,092] [Error ] [1 ] [ERROR] - [WifiRemote Setup] Plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\Common.GUIPlugins.dll incompatible
    [2015-10-03 20:54:17,303] [Error ] [1 ] [ERROR] - [WifiRemote Setup] Plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll incompatible
    [2015-10-03 20:54:17,327] [Error ] [1 ] [ERROR] - [WifiRemote Setup] Plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll incompatible
    [2015-10-03 20:54:17,539] [Error ] [1 ] [ERROR] - [WifiRemote Setup] Plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\TvPlugin.dll incompatible

Ampdroid is working on my phone. I can see my EPG data and view channels/recordings. The Powermodes work. The remote connects and disconnects just fine as well. The only issue is the channel controller (left, right, up, down and OK). None of the "lightning" commands work either (channel up, down, etc.).

Thanks for any help.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ampdroid is working on my phone. I can see my EPG data and view channels/recordings. The Powermodes work. The remote connects and disconnects just fine as well. The only issue is the channel controller (left, right, up, down and OK). None of the "lightning" commands work either (channel up, down, etc.).
    I can't see any error in your MediaPortal log file. It looks like WifiRemote is starting up and shutting down correctly.

The reason for the remote keys not working is probably a missing xml file that should have been copied over. Can you please try to download the following file to \MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings\:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/M...p/Sources/WifiRemote/Resources/WifiRemote.xml

Then restart MediaPortal and it should work.
    The WifiRemote configuration is in MediaPortal's Configuration.exe all the way at the bottom in the process plugins section.

Hope that helps!

loopery

Portal Member
    September 26, 2015
    Home Country
    The reason for the remote keys not working is probably a missing xml file that should have been copied over. Can you please try to download the following file to \MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings\:

Checked for the XML, and it was there. Still, I decided to overwrite it with the link you gave me. No change.

The WifiRemote configuration is in MediaPortal's Configuration.exe all the way at the bottom in the process plugins section.

Thanks! The plugin still crashes when I try to configure it through the MP manager/installer, but it works just fine through the MP configuration (y).

I recently installed MP1 on a different computer and imported all of my settings. On the second computer, ampdroid works the opposite of mine -- WifiRemote works perfectly, everything else is not good. I'll upload the log/s tomorrow if I can. So, at least now I know it's not a router issue blocking certain ports (I think -- though I did try some port forwarding just in case); and that it's not my phone, since WifiRemote works fine on my phone with the 2nd computer -- just not my computer. The 2nd computer I'll be upgrading to Windows 10 soon, so I'm not too preoccupied with fixing it, unless it helps.

Uploaded another log, but everything looks good to me (and my limited experience with MP). Any other clues?

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A long shoot, but have you tried to disable Bonjour on your pc? I know that historically it has been problems but they might be solved now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom