Windows 10 + MP1.12 Audio Renderer issues (1 Viewer)

Adam86

Portal Pro
April 19, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ah so the downmix would have been from 7 channels down to 5.1? as playing that definitely sounded correct - I always like to test Transformers with the Surround Sound at the start as your hear the Paramount Stars "circling" around all the speakers.

I can try enabling force up/down mixing when I get home from work.

Adam86

Portal Pro
April 19, 2012
Home Country
OK so I have enabled force up/down mixing within MPAR and so far I have sound on TV and "The Job Lot"!

Will continue monitoring over the next few hours and see if this remains consistent.

Adam86

Portal Pro
April 19, 2012
Home Country
OK just an update, forcing up/down mixing definitely appears to give consistent playback with sound but the AMP seems to force itself into multi channel mode so I only get stereo sound and no ability to switch my amp into Pro Logic unfortunately.

It's a decent enough workaround for now though I think until the logs get looked at by someone who knows MPAR more.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    but the AMP seems to force itself into multi channel mode so I only get stereo sound and no ability to switch my amp into Pro Logic unfortunately.
    This is an expected consequence of the change. The amp/receiver will only see a 5.1 source when that option is enabled.

It's a decent enough workaround for now though I think until the logs get looked at by someone who knows MPAR more.
    The other thing you could do is check your Windows audio settings, particularly speaker configuration. Would be interesting to see screenshots of those details.

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    This is an expected consequence of the change. The amp/receiver will only see a 5.1 source when that option is enabled.

The other thing you could do is check your Windows audio settings, particularly speaker configuration. Would be interesting to see screenshots of those details.

My Windows audio settings are just configured to 5.1 surround sound - everything else is set on defaults what can be changed within the Properties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom