Windows 10 support? (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I know this is a little too soon to ask but MePo doesn't run at all and I can't run the installer either it gives me the infamous "compatibility error" For the time being I switched back to XBMC till this gets fixed. And yes I know Windows 10 is just a preview so no need to ask why I'm running a preview for ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you like to test a future proof version, consider to try MediaPortal 2. As long as you have all dependencies installed, it should work.

I'm curious to read your test results :)

Robert1346

May 25, 2012
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have the same issue. Tried to install MediaPortal 1.9.0 on Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Exact error message was,,
    Compatibility Mode: Windows 7 [6.1.7600.0]
    Sorry, your OS is currently not supported by MediaPortal!
    I will give MediaPortal 2 a try.

Galaphile

Portal Member
    January 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes there is an OS checking funtion in mediaportal that needs to be updated every OS, if your able to compile from source its not that hard to add the function yourself

DavidW

October 3, 2014
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I also have the same problem - the laptop with Windows 10 is just used as a client, with the TV server on my desktop PC running v1.8.0. Would I be able to use MediaPortal 2 for the client without upgrading the server to Mediaportal 2 as well?.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'd love to try MePo 2 but I have a lot of work put into MePo 1 especially my moving pictures database. Hopefully someone will compile MePo 1 so it works with Windows 10. Unless we can convert our moving pictures databases to MePo2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom