Windows 8.1 doesn't jump to Desktop mode when started on Metro UI (2 Viewers)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I assume that you have not tested the switch using LM remote. How have you launch Media Portal from Metro UI? A schedule task?[DOUBLEPOST=1409217217][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Btw: I just tested it here on my Win 8.1 setup, and when i click the MP shortcut on my Metro UI, it starts MP nicely and jumps to desktop mode... :confused:

Me too ,since beginning,

I'll try to schedule Media Portal start from Windows utility instead LM remote

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I would say, it's an issue with LM remote or something because by clicking on ICON from metro or use my green button from remote, start MP in desktop mode.
    I can't reproduce it too :
    upload_2014-8-28_13-26-51.png

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I would say, it's an issue with LM remote

Probably. I'll try.

Imho a new implementation for MPTray would be usefull to configure it for multiple custom actions when MP start and after MP close.
    (simply shortcuts such as in dynamic refresh tab that waiting for processes ends and/or a custom delay between them)

basically I have to switch from an hw in PC mode to an HTPC mode when start Media Portal. because I've two different audio/video system . for audio a simple speaker analog system 2.0 and amplifier A/V that use digital optical and for the video two different monitor / TV, the graphics card (AMD) must be configurated every time with only a active monitor.

imho :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I assume that you have not tested the switch using LM remote.
    Nope, not tested.

How have you launch Media Portal from Metro UI? A schedule task?
    Nope, i can navigate the Metro tiles with my remote. I've put the MediaPortal shortcut on top left, so it's automatically focussed there. All i need to do is hit OK on my remote, then windows switches to desktop mode and i have MP ready for use.

As Sebastiii mentioned, i suspect an issue with LM remote, since the switch to desktop mode works for the both of us.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sure I'm not speak English well but repeat there is no problem to click on a tile with the mouse or using remote or kicking the touchscreen.
    Forget about tile and back to mce green button that launch the MP process wherever we are, metro UI or desktop.
    If MPTray does it should work also with LM Remote

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe LM Remote focus on when it was started or something but not sure lol
    Well, there is 1 thing on which i have to agree with red5goahead and that is the fact that when i press my Green button when i'm on the Metro UI, MP starts nicely, but i'm still looking at the tiles. Maybe we can add a routine for Win 8 systems to jump to desktop on MP startup?

The 2nd issue i just notice is that when MP is started, and i click the Desktop tile with my remote, MP doesn't have focus, so need to press Green button again to regain focus. Now it's getting a bit nasty ;)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    LM remote web site is gone! Suddenly some months ago, this is the main problem

another question: is it possible that in MP 1.9 under Windows 8.1 the audio delay feature of MPAR doesn't work anymore?

I had no problem at all with previous installation for a long time (I prefer to use that feature instead the audio delay in the lav audio codec)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom