Windows UpdateControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
attached at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository you can find the major maintenance release v1.1.0 of this plugin, skin changes are not required.
Please be aware, that this release only contains generic skin files. To support your preferred skin, please take a look into the appropriate skin thread or search our forum. Finally, I ask for understanding that skin creation can not be done on my part.

Thank you and cheers, Micropolis

Lum

Portal Member
November 17, 2008
South Wales
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
No support even for DefaultWide which comes with MP? I get an error about missing skins\defaultwide\updatecontrol.xml

Tried copying over the one from the Default skin but the resulting display is a mess when I do this.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No support even for DefaultWide which comes with MP? I get an error about missing skins\defaultwide\updatecontrol.xml

Tried copying over the one from the Default skin but the resulting display is a mess when I do this.

Not supported yet I'm affraid.. I will try to make them when I have some time, but that will take some weeks..

Lum

Portal Member
    November 17, 2008
    South Wales
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I managed to tweak the default one a little to make it passable in defaultwide. I'll post the modified xml file if anyone wants it.
    For some reason there's no background or anything, no idea where that has gone, it's just plain black, but the plugin appears to work.

Well I think it works. I refuse to run MP as Admin so haven't used actual update process, but you can browse what updates need to be installed.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well guys,

good news.. Making the skinfiles ready for Titan was going faster than I thought..

I hope you like the results! This version is compatible with the latest version of UpdateControl.

@Micropolis: Would you like to include them in the next release of your plugin? :)

As always:

Put the xml file into: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan
    Put the .png files into: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\Media

Don't forget to clear your cache! (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache)

Please report any bug..

Cheers!

Attachments

• UC 1.jpg
      UC 1.jpg
      447.3 KB
    • UC 2.jpg
      UC 2.jpg
      451.8 KB
    • UC 3.jpg
      UC 3.jpg
      342.4 KB
    • UC 4.jpg
      UC 4.jpg
      445.2 KB
    • UpdateControl for Titan 1.0.zip
      163.3 KB

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

here are new files for Titan.

New in version 1.1:

-Added missing hidden menu label.
    -Overlay is allowed.
    -Changed the place of search and progress label because of the overlay.

Please report any bug you find including a screenshot.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• UC1.jpg
      UC1.jpg
      209.4 KB
    • UpdateControl for Titan 1.1.zip
      163.3 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the maintenance release 1.1.1 of UpdateControl is available now at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository.
    Please be aware, that this version requires minimal skin related changes to support future versions of MediaPortal optimally. For more information, please consult the attached manual. Additionally to this, Titan is now fully supported (thx to powermarcel10).

Hint: Should any problems arise regarding previous versions of MediaPortal and implemented skin changes, I'm asking to delay the installation until the upcoming release candidate.

Best regards and cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Micropolis: There was a small issue with the filter button.. It hadn't the right size.. Here is a fixed version.

Attachments

• Bad.jpg
      Bad.jpg
      250.8 KB
    • Good.jpg
      Good.jpg
      288 KB
    • UpdateControl.xml
      13.2 KB
    Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Alex, when i start MediaPortal, i'm getting an error from Update Control (i'm on Win 8):
    Code:
    2013-02-10 12:14:00.884415 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Error initializing window:UpdateControlPlugin.UpdateControl Method not found: 'Void Micropolis.MPCore.CoreHandler.SelectControl(Int32, Boolean)'. UpdateControl	at UpdateControlPlugin.UpdateControl.SetButtonState()
       at UpdateControlPlugin.UpdateControl.SetUpdateFilterSettings(String filterText)
       at UpdateControlPlugin.UpdateControl.InitPlugin()
       at UpdateControlPlugin.UpdateControl.Init()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

Any thoughts?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @HomeY,
    do you use the latest version of Micropolis.MPCore.dll? The last official version has the file date 04.02.2013 13:00:00. Also please check, if your skin fullfills the changes from version 1.1.1 (please remember: all "togglebutton" controls must be "checkbutton" now).

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom