Windows UpdateControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi @HomeY,
    do you use the latest version of Micropolis.MPCore.dll? The last official version has the file date 04.02.2013 13:00:00. Also please check, if your skin fullfills the changes from version 1.1.1 (please remember: all "togglebutton" controls must be "checkbutton" now).

Cheers, Micropolis
    Checked file details, 31-12-2012 version #1.0.0.0 :eek: I even upgraded the plugin through MPEI yesterday, so maybe the MPCore.dll wasn't updated. I'll go try again, but at least i can assume from your reply that this isn't related to Win 8, so either i need to update the .dlls or update skin settings.

TNX for that! ;)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, think i know what happened... I updated the plugin yesterday, and when testing i noticed the skin needed an update, since it was throwing this error:
    Code:
    2013-02-10 15:06:28.295034 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\updatecontrol.xml' control id:5 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIToggleButtonControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUICheckButton'.	at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
       at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
       at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck)
       at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() UpdateControlPlugin.UpdateControl
    2013-02-10 15:06:48.212569 [ERROR][(23)]: Update Control: Updates cannot be installed. (Error Code: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80240044): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80240044
       at WUApiLib.UpdateDownloaderClass.BeginDownload(Object onProgressChanged, Object onCompleted, Object state)
       at UpdateControlPlugin.UpdateControl.DownloadUpdates()
       at UpdateControlPlugin.UpdateControl.InstallWindowsUpdateStart(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e), Exception from HRESULT: 0x80240044)

and i had a weather issue after installing this plugin. The weather was only showing overlays, but no info:
    BacisHome.png Weather preview.png Weather.png

So i ran the StreamedMP installer again and used the repair option to fix it. That must have copied back the older MPCore.dll
    So time to bug the skinner for an update ;)

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Process Exception List TV Server Konfiguraiton "TrustedInstaller"

Up Date Control is working well. I have a start up date a nd will leave the computer in the Basic HOme screen goes like this is eingestllt the HTPC in Stand By.
    I am looking for the process that I can adjust to the exception list of the TV Serverkonfiguraiton / Power Sheduler not Damti Date during the process of UP Media Center is in Standby.

I found a process "TrustedInstaller". But I am not sure if the process is correct and can be used in the exception list.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello lhcomputer,
    ... I am looking for the process that I can adjust to the exception list of the TV Serverkonfiguraiton / Power Sheduler not Damti Date during the process of UP Media Center is in Standby ...
    I'm not completely sure what you mean, but I try it. Windows UpdateControl requires the service "Windows Update" and "c:\windows\system32\wuapi.dll" to check, display, download or install update related contents. The process itself is triggered by "svchost.exe".

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    as part of the easter rollout of my plugin collection please find version 1.2.0 of UpdateControl at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository.

Personal note: Due to the expected workload in the next month and lack of time I feel compelled to reduce the plugin development to a minimum. I'm not sure when I'll have the time again, but I assure that the plugins are not dead and showstopper problems will be fixed in a timely manner. I ask for proper understanding and thank everyone for the many years of support.

Cheers and see you soon as possible, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    please find at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository the updated version v1.2.1 of UpdateControl. This update was required to fix a MediaPortal 1.4.0 specific timer issue in case threaded plugin loading is enabled.

Cheers, Micropolis

Commerzpunk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Andernach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi community,
    I am using update control for a while and it works very well.
    Over time I feeled forced to use it since the internal and automatic windows updates always came up the wrong moment, made the HTPC slow and forced restarts in not wanted situations.

Now, with update control I got back control. ;)

Just one issue or question: Sometimes I dont update a week, 2 or 3 :-o There are many updates then. While downloading and installing these updates I dont wanna use the HTPC since it gets slow and might request a restart. So I just leave it alone in the pluging screen to finish these updates.

But if it takes longer, it runs into the idle-timeout and the system goes to sleep. Unwanted.
    How can I prevent this? (No, sitting there, watching it update and move the cursor up and down is not an option!) :-D

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Commerzpunk,
    since Windows Vista and above it's not so simple anymore to prevent or skip system and program controlled power mode changes.
    With version 1.2.2 of UpdateControl, which can be found at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository, a new functionality has been implemented to prevent Windows internal power mode changes during update installation. Please be aware, that power mode changes, which are initiated by 3rd party plugins, cannot be controlled.
    To enable the described functionality, please take a look into the attached manual.

EDIT: version 1.2.3 is out inclduing a hotfix for menu related configuration settings in case background mode option could not initialized correctly.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Commerzpunk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Andernach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis,
    I did not load the update because the weather is too nice these days. ;-)
    But I forgot to mention, I am using the "forced" option to send the HTPC to sleep.
    Does that change anything?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Commerzpunk,
    ... But I forgot to mention, I am using the "forced" option to send the HTPC to sleep ...
    I'm not really sure, which concrete tool or system (maybe Windows, PowerScheduler) do you use to control sleep mode. As said before, only Windows internal power mode changes (incl. forced mode) can be controlled, for 3rd party tools this is not possible.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom