WorldClock plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: AW: WorldClock plugin v1.0.1 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

doveman, Micropolis: The warning messages in the logs concerning missing controls were added a long time ago for us skinners to check if relevant controls were correctly set, especially the hardcoded ones in different areas of standard MP modules (as we wanted to get rid of the hardcoded properties/controls).
So there is NOTHING to bother about this warnings, the skin files work as expected.
Nevertheless I corrected the worldclock xmls to not show these warnings anymore in the logs ;)

There seems to be a problem with the PureVisionHD Blue one, as I get a "missing or invalid worldclock.xml" error with it. If I put the previous .xml back, it works fine.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldClock plugin v1.0.1 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

... something went wrong during zipping - pls dl the file again, I corrected and uploaded it to same post above. Sorry!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    in the plugin repository and at the first post of this thread you can find the WorldClock maintenance release v1.0.3.
    This version contains cumulative changes and enhancements, skin changes are not required.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    due to the growing complexity of this plugin I decide to refactor most parts of this plugin.
    Attached at the first post of this thread you can find WorldClock v1.1.0 Release Candidate 1 for testing purposes. I would like to invite you to make regression tests for your own MediaPortal environment, existing skin solutions are fully upward compatible.

Major changes for this release:
    • reworked configuration dialog including support for self defined clock images
    • clock images are transparent now
    It is highly recommended to reconfigure your settings, especially if you has select predefined images greater 5. Additional clock images can be found in the plugin related subdirectory of your skin folder.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the official version of WorldClock v1.1.0 can be downloaded from the first post of this thread or the plugin repository now.
    As I said before, please reconfigure your settings as described here (if required). Thank you to all testers.

Cheers and best regards, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the maintenance release of WorldClock v1.1.1 can be found at the well known place. This version includes a completely refactored version of my astronomy API. The implementation is more accurate and flexible to calculate necessary values.

Important information for WorldWeather users: This signifcant code change breaks the successful execution of WorldWeather versions prior v1.0.7. To avoid such problems, please update WorldWeather to the latest nightly build immediately or wait with the installation of WorldClock until the next stable release of WorldWeather is published. Thank you for understanding.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My clock hands are transparent. This makes the background behind the clock visible. Why is it so? I have set the color of the hands but nothing happens.
    Grateful for help

Edit: It works now.

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    as part of the easter rollout of my plugin collection please find version 1.2.0 of WorldClock at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository.

Personal note: Due to the expected workload in the next month and lack of time I feel compelled to reduce the plugin development to a minimum. I'm not sure when I'll have the time again, but I assure that the plugins are not dead and showstopper problems will be fixed in a timely manner. I ask for proper understanding and thank everyone for the many years of support.

Cheers and see you soon as possible, Micropolis

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for continuing all your great plugins Micropolis!

How do I enter a Western Longitude (or Souther Latitude)? For example, for Toronto I tried Long. -79.42 as indicated on the link in your PDF docs: http://www.fallingrain.com - but it didn't work :(

EDIT: Nvm I checked and had forgot to save the Time zone DUH :oops:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom