WorldClock plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldClock plugin for MediaPortal v0.3.7

Hi Micropolis, version 0.3.7 works fine here. Big :D

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: WorldClock plugin for MediaPortal v0.3.7

Hi ysmp,
    more clocks needs more CPU power, the same problem can occur using digital clocks.
    I will not go back to an older branch (or version with 4 clocks), because you have the option the enable/disable the count depending on your machine. For me it works very well on a dual core machine with 40% usage.
    And: it was your request to add more clocks!

Cheers, Microplis

hi Microplis !
    yes it was my request for long time to add more clocks and a digital clock ...and i do thank you so mach for add them..:)

very strange my system are prty strong and fast ,usly i do not have any problem with hi CPU proformance when use MP...

the problem is i canot desplay all the clock 1+6 MP just freez ...

the most clock i can desplay 1+4 ...

i do hope you will add digital clock in the futre ...:)

thanks for all the hard work you doing ...

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi Micropolis,

Ya thanks for your work, this works great!

As far as development of this ALL of your plugins PLEASE do what you want and ENJOY coding/testing.

Steve

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hello:)

Any reason why it isn't possible to leave baggrund transparent? (or maybe i cannot find it :p)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WorldClock plugin for MediaPortal v0.4.0

Dear community,
    the updated version v0.4.0 of this plugin is ready for downloading.

Informations for users:
    • Speech functionality for main clock added
    • Astronomy functions (sunset and sunrise time, moon phase) added
    • Due to quota limitations, the documentation is not longer part of the archive. You must download the documentation separately from the first post.

Informations for skinners:
    • If you want to display additional properties, you must update the skin file. Please take a look into the attached manual (chapter 5) and/or use the included skin file as template.

Troubleshooting for speech functionality:
    • To hear the time every hour, the main window must be opened.
    • Please check your operating system, if speech option is installed correctly. Additionally please check the mediaportal.log, when a problem persists, you can find the error message "Error initializing Speech Synthesis Engine.".
    • By default, Microsoft Anna or Microsoft Sam is installed and configured as main voice. If you want to hear the male voice, please download and install additional voices, e.g. Microsoft Mike, Mary, Lili.

1stdead: Some of my paint routines cannot handle transparent backgrounds correctly. It's a known limitation.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WorldClock plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.2

Dear community,
    the official version of WorldClock for MediaPortal v1.2.0 can be found here. For older versions of MediaPortal, please download the appropriate version from download repository.
    For installation instructions, information regarding version history and other useful hints please consult the manual from the first post of this thread.

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldClock plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.2

Hi Alex, :D for your update.
    One minor thing: would it be possible to show the clock only without the black square behind it?
    I tried to use my own clock.png in the respective texture properties, but no luck.
    My clock.png is shown for a second until your clock with the black squared background is shown.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WorldClock plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.2

Hello catavolt,
    currently the plugin use unmanaged C# code (e.g. bitblt routines) to display the clock bitmaps. I've tried a lot of possible solutions to embed the clock picture including a transparent background, but no luck. I'm not familiar with the whole Win32 API routines (or similar MediaPortal routines?) yet, if I found a way I'll publish this.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WorldClock plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Dear community,
    the final and feature-complete version of this plugin was published, I'll close the main development cycle now.
    Skin changes are not required, thanks to all contributors and skinners to achieve this milestone.

Cheers, Micropolis

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: WorldClock plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Hi

This is the first time I've tried this plugin, so I'm probably doing something wrong but I can't get it to display anything. I'm using PureVisionHD Blue.

I've set up three profiles with what I think are the correct decimal Long and Lat and tried switching between them, but they all look like this:

In fact I just tried it again and this time MP crashed with "Unhandled Exception" errors and I had kill it with TaskManager.

EDIT: Ignore the topbar.xml error. That came up on the HomeScreen when I started MP because I'd edited it wrongly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom