WorldNews plugin v1.4.0 for MediaPortal 1.6.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Skinfile for StreamedMP. You have to to copy the "Media" folder from the zip file to C:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\.

The "description" should be very short, because it is used in the "Top Title".

Attachments

• 01-23-42.png
      01-23-42.png
      849.9 KB
    • 01-32-58.png
      01-32-58.png
      947.3 KB
    • 01-33-29.png
      01-33-29.png
      940 KB
    • WorldNews.xml
      17.6 KB

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Micropolis

Big Thanks for this plugin. It works great so far. Ist it possible to get the ticker on basic home?

Best regards
    Helios

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @catavolt, @fischy667,
    sorry for this, maybe a small inconsistency in the newer core library breaks another functionality.
    Currently I'm on the road and don't have access to my test environment, but I'll try to post (untested!) versions here asap. Maybe this could help to solve the issue.

@Helios61: Yes, you can. Please enable the ticker functionality in the configuration dialog, edit your basichome xml skin file and add a label control with the respective property.

Example:
    <control>
    <description>Feed Ticker</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>100</posX>
    <posY>100</posY>
    <label>#WorldNews.NewsTicker</label>
    <visible>!string.equals(#WorldNews.NewsTicker, )</visible>
    </control>

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The indices are shown again. Thanks.
    But I found some issues.
    "#WorldNews.NewsItemTime" always shows "00:00"
    Only one feed is shown in the ticker, even if you have selected more.
    If the last feed you had watched in the plugin is not included in the ticker, after a restart of MP the ticker isn't shown at all.

In indices the news are not loading.

Take your time. No rush.
    Thanks again.

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @fischy667, @catavolt,
    the new test version 0.8.4 of WorldNews is now available and contains new functionalities, changes to the profile layout and additional translations.
    To use this version, please update all files from the package and configure image related options in the configuration dialog again. Additionally to this version, WorldWeather v1.6.2 and Stocks v1.6.1 are available and must be updated also to solve the framework inconsistency.

... Only one feed is shown in the ticker, even if you have selected more ... If the last feed you had watched in the plugin is not included in the ticker, after a restart of MP the ticker isn't shown at all...

I'm not able to reproduce both issue anymore with the latest version. In case the issues wasn't fixed, please support me with hints to your WorldNews configuration and steps, how the issue can be reproduced. Thank you in advance.

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Alex, installed the latest version of WorldWeather, Stocks and WorldNews (THX for the actualizations).
    Stocks is still broken, it stops on "Herunterladen von Nachrichten", and that wait cursor is seen on all screens in MP :cry:

17-54-01.jpg

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi catavolt,
    ... Stocks is still broken, it stops on "Herunterladen von Nachrichten", and that wait cursor is seen on all screens ...
    You mean, the headline functionality of Stocks is broken? Please disable the functionality temporary and test again, also give me your headline news URL to find the issue.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom