WorldNews plugin v1.4.0 for MediaPortal 1.6.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    When I see the number of feeds used by you, does it makes sense to think again more about the maximum number of profiles, which can be handled by WorldNews?

If I understand your thinking, I think not, there should be no limit to the number of feed management. Indeed, the interface is missing a button "Add new profile", or something like that.

And now, the first feature request (easy) it would be possible to limit the news of each feed by date rather than by number?

Now there is only the "Count", but I'd use / add the "1 day, 2 days, 3 days" to (for example) a week.

Feature request Two (difficult): ability to hide the news once read. Operation: I hit send on the news, I open the browser, when I go out the news from the browser disappears from the list. If implemented, provide item on the menu options to display all the news, even those already read.

I hope I have not asked too complicated options. Anyway, thanks for all the work you're doing.

Regards,
    xavier.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @xavier,
    ... If I understand your thinking, I think not, there should be no limit to the number of feed management. Indeed, the interface is missing a button "Add new profile", or something like that ...
    You are right, but unfortunately I have some architectural limitations. To implement your suggestion, I must redesign most parts of the plugin. I can think about this later, but not at the moment. Sorry.

... would be possible to limit the news of each feed by date ...
    Sure, I can improve the filter functionality with a time range (e.g. today, today - 1 day, today - 2 days, today - 1 week).

... ability to hide the news once read ...
    Interesting idea, but I suspect it's not possible to implement. Normally a feed item itself does not have a unique ID, due to this restriction I'm not able to filter the results coming from the news provider. On the GUI side it's possible, but after a refresh all items will be available again.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello community, @xavier,
    ... but I'd use / add the "1 day, 2 days, 3 days" to (for example) a week ...
    version 0.8.13 including this user request and minor improvements is ready for downloading.
    Due to this enhancement, some internal profile changes are required. Please check your filter related settings in the WorldNews setup dialog and configure possible settings again.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the release candidate version 0.9.0 of WorldNews is available for downloading. This means the plugin is in a feature freeze stage, possible requests and enhancement wishes from the community will be analyzed and implemented after publishing a final version.
    As announced before, the installer page has been created some minutes before in our plugin repository, but must be approved by the team before. So please be patient in case you don't want to install it manually.

EDIT: Installer is approved now, thx to the team behind the scene.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the final version can be downloaded now from our plugin repository and the first post of this thread.
    Thanks to all contributors, skinners and testers for their support in the last few days. Have fun with my newest official plugin.

Best regards, Micropolis

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Alex,
    @catavolt DW skin that was install with the plugin have some bugs, the side menu was visible all time,menu bg and buttons was not normal size, main bg colors ?... screen 001.
    i fix it and now it's working ... screen 002 ;)
    (by the way i move the image feed to up, as was looking wired to me, 2 images view on the same spot?? :unsure:)

please use this file... as the one you have in the mpe1 ... not work.:)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      116.9 KB
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      193.6 KB
    • WorldNews.xml
      10.5 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    What is the difference of this plugin and InfoService. Is there a possibility to display scrolling text on the home screen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom