WorldNews plugin v1.4.0 for MediaPortal 1.6.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here it is, a plugin to display news feed content and images from various websites

Highlights:

• supported formats are RSS, RDF and ATOM
  • import single/multiple news feeds from OPML files
Installation:
  • download and start the suitable installer file "WorldNews.mpe1" from the download repository
    or
  • download and extract the attached file "WorldNews.zip" from this post (MediaPortal v1.6 and above) and copy all required files to your MediaPortal directory manually (see manual below for detailed instructions)
Skin Support:
  • DefaultWide
  • PureVisionHD family
  • StreamedMP
  • Titan
  • Titanius
Language Support:
  • english, german, dutch (thx to powermarcel10), russian (thx to ajs)
Latest Changes (for a detailed version history, please consult the attached manual):
  • v1.1.0 – rework of configuration dialog, minor enhancements
  • v1.2.0 – functionality to share settings and profiles added, support for MediaPortal v1.12.0
  • v1.2.1 – rework of message management routines, improvements to sharing functionality, maintenance
  • v1.3.0 – support for plugin framework v1.4.0, support for MediaPortal v1.13.0
  • v1.3.1 – maintenance release, support for MediaPortal v1.14.0
  • v1.4.0 - re-compiled release, deconstruction of not working functionalities, support for MediaPortal v1.15.0 and higher
Main Screen.jpg

This is a stable version and was tested with Windows 7, 8 and 10 only, please report any bugs in this thread

If you would like to show your appreciation and also help me to continue to provide free software please make a donation by clicking here. Thank you.

Attachments

• WorldNews for MediaPortal.pdf
    641.8 KB
  • WorldNews v1.4.0.zip
    3.8 MB
Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear testers,
in case you want to inform me about not working feeds, please include the following information into your post:
  • Does the feed not showing any text or descriptions?
  • Does the feed not showing images?
  • Does the feed working when the option "Show images is active/inactive?
Please provide the URL here, otherwise I do not have the chance to debug efficiently.

Thanks and regards,
Micropolis

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi micropolis,
    thank you very much for this. As I am kind of addicted to reading news feeds I am excited to try your plugin. I was hoping to see some additional functionality though and would like to ask you if it might be possible to add it. Since I get my news on several devices I use feedly as a central service for my feeds. So what I've read or saved is synced and kept in one place. Have you thought about providing support for services like this one? Would be great!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    please find a new release candidate version on the first post of this thread. Please report any issues or bugs to publish a stable version in the next few weeks.

@catavolt: Could you please be so kind to create/publish appropriate DefaultWide skin files?
    @Luca Brasi: I'll try to integrate Feedly support into a next version. Hopefully a API is in place and feasible to integrate it into the current plugin architecture.

Cheers, Micropolis

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Since I get my news on several devices I use feedly as a central service for my feeds.

Hi,

I also like Luca Brasi use a feed reader (for me it gReader Pro) that relies on Feedly, but Feedly sometimes did not work.

In this circumstance I change server and use The Old Reader which I think has a good support API, available here.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think both services deliver the same features. I've been using feedly since google reader died and never had a problem (also with greader pro). As it is quiet easy to switch from one service to the other via opml I'd say Micropolis might wanna have a look which api he likes more...
    http://developer.feedly.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom