WorldNews plugin v1.4.0 for MediaPortal 1.6.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please disable the functionality temporary and test again, also give me your headline news URL to find the issue.
    Disabled, all the rest works fine ;)
    When I entered the stocks config -> Headlines to disable, I found the URL was empty (but worked before) :(
    As I don´t remember what it was before, I just disabled it.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, looked into stocks.xml from a backed up MP and found this:

<entry name="HeadlineType">0</entry>
    <entry name="HeadlineLocation">1</entry>

So there must have been a "standard" URL before, which now is gone ;)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have 3 feeds inside your plugin. Two of them are marked for the ticker use.

I have added the ticker to my basichome.xml

Code:
    <control>
          <description>RSS Items</description>
          <type>fadelabel</type>
          <id>1</id>
          <width>1920</width>
          <height>75</height>
          <posY>1041</posY>
          <posX>135</posX>
          <font>mediastream12</font>
          <textcolor>ff000000</textcolor>
          <label>#WorldNews.NewsTicker</label>
          <animation effect="slide" end="0,450" time="250" acceleration="-0.1" reversible="false">windowclose</animation>
        </control>

You go inside the plugin and choose a feed with ticker enabled and you go to the home screen, the ticker shows only the chosen feed and not all marked as "use for ticker".

Now go back inside the plugin and chose a feed not marked for ticker use and go back to the home screen: the ticker shows nothing.

Attachments

• Bild 001.png
      Bild 001.png
      27.5 KB
    • Bild 002.png
      Bild 002.png
      27.7 KB
    • Bild 003.png
      Bild 003.png
      27.6 KB
    • 18-16-56.png
      18-16-56.png
      829.5 KB
    • 18-17-13.png
      18-17-13.png
      2.6 MB
    • 18-17-38.png
      18-17-38.png
      879 KB
    • 18-17-54.png
      18-17-54.png
      2.6 MB
    Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi catavolt, fischy667,
    ... When I entered the stocks config -> Headlines to disable, I found the URL was empty (but worked before)...

normally this thread is not the correct one to discuss problems and issues regarding Stocks & indices.
    As you can read in the release notes for v1.5.2, the complete headline functionality has been changed complete. This rework was required due to Yahoo API changes and the proposed shutdown of Yahoo financial news service. To allow the view of financial news nevertheless again, a feed functionality has been added where you can use a RSS feed URL from your preferred provider. so, please fulfill the plugin configuration requirement and all should works as expected.
    Thank's for your understanding, I would try to fix the problem with the endless wait cursor as soon as possible. Please post further requests or issues for Stocks & Indices in the correct thread.

... You go inside the plugin and choose a feed with ticker enabled and you go to the home screen, the ticker shows only the chosen feed and not all marked as "use for ticker". Now go back inside the plugin and chose a feed not marked for ticker use and go back to the home screen: the ticker shows nothing....

Maybe it's not clear enough how the ticker functionality works.
    In case you have configured WorldNews for a single feed display, the main page of the plugin and the ticker shows only items from the selected feed. If I understand correctly, your expectation was to see ALL items from ANY feed in the ticker. To do this, you must switch on the functionality called "Merge news" directly from within the plugin page. Hope this could help to understand the ticker a bit better.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    normally this thread is not the correct one to discuss problems and issues regarding Stocks & indices.
    My apologies, fixed it already with putting in a valid URL, now Stocks work perfect ;)
    Reason why I posted here was because the Micropolis.MPCore.dll delivered with WorldNews broke that plugin.
    Next time I´ll be more careful and post in the correct thread ;)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community, @fischy667, @catavolt,
    after a laborious weekend you can find the next test version of WorldNews at the first post of this thread.
    This version contains a lot of performance improvements to feed download and image detection, improvements to feed item filter, more list and ticker style types and minor translation changes. Additionally the ticker functionality has been changed to avoid confusions when using the merge mode. Last but not least I've made a minor change to the profile configuration parameters.
    To be able to use your existing profile with this test version, please open the file "worldnews.xml" (see folder c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal) before installing newest binaries of WorldNews and replace all occurrences of "Location" to "Site".

Happy testing and thank your for your support,
    Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Alex, tested 0.8.5 and must say it´s so muuuuuch better now ;)
    Just one question: would it be possible to scrape the site logo automatically (as said in config) to put it anywhere in the skin? THX for your great work ;)

*** EDIT*** I´d also like to have the list style changer in the hidden menu instead in a context menu ;)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi catavolt,
    ... would it be possible to scrape the site logo automatically...
    Currently the following order to get the site logo is implemented: if the logo configuration field has a URL or filename, (1) load this, otherwise when the feed is loading and a site logo can be found, (2) load this from the internet, otherwise (3) load the default image from the media folder.
    So, when you leave the site logo field empty AND the provider offer a site logo, it should work as you suggested. Or do you mean the following: when pressing the button behind the site title, import the site title AND the site logo?

... I´d also like to have the list style changer in the hidden menu instead in a context menu ...
    Ok, I will replace the context menu with a button "View" to change the list style.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom