WorldPlaces plugin v1.2.0 for MediaPortal 1.6.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
the first release candidate version of WorldPlaces is available now. Please help to test this release and give constructive feedback in case of errors/issues/glitches.

Thank you in advance,
Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
I'm happy to present you the final release of WorldPlaces, which can be downloaded from the well known places as usual. This version contains a shelveset to share your plugin related settings and profiles across devices and services. In principle all network storages, cloud services (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox) or any other storage you would like to use should work as expected.

To allow such a functionality, major changes inside the plugin code was necessary. Before using this new version and/or the sharing feature, it is highly recommended to follow the steps below:
  • Before starting with settings and profile sharing, possible device or service specific configurations should be checked to prevent access or synchronization problems later. For more information, please take a look into the manual (chapter "Settings and Profile Sharing") or the troubleshooting guide.
  • In case you decide to disregard the sharing feature, the plugin will work in the same way as before.

Unfortunately from now on the release rate of this plugin must be reduced due to time and budget issues. I'm not able any longer to work nearly each evening on plugin improvements or enhancements. Of course bug fix releases will be published in a regular way, possibly in combination with the release cycle of MediaPortal. If you would support future development, I was pleased to receive a small donation. This would help to bring my 5-years old development environment back up to date. The donation link can be found in the first post of this thread and in the about box of the plugin.

Of course, I continue to look forward to your feedback, bug reports or feature requests. How quickly such changes can be implemented, the future will answer it.

Thank you and regards,
Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
this plugin has been updated to version 1.1.0 to support the newest plugin framework and the upcoming MediaPortal version 1.13.0. The installer and a file for manual installation can be downloaded from the well known places.
In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please update all plugins to the newest versions simultaneously.

A small donation would be welcome. Merry Christmas and cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
this plugin has been updated to version 1.1.1 to support the upcoming MediaPortal version 1.14.0 and for code maintenance purposes. The installer and a file for manual installation can be downloaded from the well known places.
In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please update all plugins to the newest versions simultaneously.

A small donation would be welcome. Cheers,
Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
after a long, work-related absence, I'll try in the next few weeks to consolidate the plugins that I have published and which are partly outdated yet. Already in the last days numerous measures were taken to synchronize the code states and to realize a separation between the commercial part of my source codes and that of the MediaPortal Plugins. In order to be able to work at this point as purposefully as possible on the removal of problems, I hope for your support in order to know, what does not work from your point of view.

If you are using this plugin, please send me some hints regarding
  • Which functionality does not work anymore and since when? Is this clearly recognizable since a certain version of MediaPortal?
  • Do you have some more information and logs to reproduce the issue?
  • Do you have problems with specific maintained skins? Can possible skin errors be caused by a plugin error?
  • Is it your view that certain configuration settings or combinations of them are no longer applicable as before?
  • Any other helpful information?
Please note that until the final consolidation no installer files will be created and fixed versions will only be published in this plugin thread. I will try to get the development work done as quickly as possible - but the daily business and private issues will continue to have priority.

Donations are welcome, Cheers
Micropolis

123vak123

Portal Pro
December 13, 2010
Minsk
Home Country
Belarus Belarus
Hello. An error appears when trying to set a new location after updating the plugins HTPCInfo and World Weather. Up to this point, a message simply appeared that it was impossible to determine the location by city name.

Attachments

• World Places_error.jpg
    World Places_error.jpg
    150.7 KB

123vak123

Portal Pro
December 13, 2010
Minsk
Home Country
Belarus Belarus
And one more nuance. If the location has been specified by name (when I enter the name of the city in the configurator, click the button on the right and select the desired location from the list), then the tag #WorldPlaces.LocationItemMapImage is normally displayed - see screenshot Minsk.png. If the location is specified by coordinates, then the tag #WorldPlaces.LocationItemMapImage is not displayed - see the screenshot London.png London.png Minsk.png

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello 123vak123,

... an error appears when trying to set a new location after updating the plugins HTPCInfo and World Weather ...

All plugins are using the same core routines and after installing HTPCInfo and WorldWeather a newer version of Micropolis.OSCore.dll has been installed. Due to the fact, that you are using an older WorldPlace version (v1.1.1.0), you must update this plugin also to prevent the exception.

... if the location is specified by coordinates, then the tag #WorldPlaces.LocationItemMapImage is not displayed ...

This is a design restriction, because the map tile servers from OpenStreetMap and Google expects longitude and latitude parameters. In case you do not specify this information, no image can be downloaded.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom