WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (5 Viewers)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I uninstalled WorldWeather (using MPEI) and installed WorldWeather Lite, but I get an error message saying that the full version is installed when I tried to config.

WorldWeather.dll had not been removed from the plugin folder

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I re-installed Lite 1.2 again and it showed up in config, functions properly.

I uninstalled Lite (using MPEI) and installed WW 1.4 (full version) using MPEI. It still does not show up in config, but dlls ARE in the plugins/windows folder. date modified reads 11/30/2013.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    WW Lite v1.2 was also updated for MP 1.6.x but works in 1.5, updates of his other plugins also were redone to work with the upcoming MP 1.6, but they work in 1.5 :)

and the heading for this thread reads WorldWeather plugin v1.4.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher ... :whistle:

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same issues as 2BitSculptor. I am also still using MP 1.5. I installed yesterday WorldWeather 1.4 via MPEI Installer to get rid of the annoying 'update available' message. After installation of 1.4 WorldWeather did no longer work (nothing happens in MP when you select) and also does not show up in the Plugins section of MP Configuration. I tried an uninstall / reinstall, but same issues. I also tried a 'downgrade installation' to one of the 1.3.x versions via MPEI but this installed 1.4 again.

Any advice how to get WorldWeather back would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

best regards,

Michael

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello 2BitSculptor,
    ... I uninstalled Lite (using MPEI) and installed WW 1.4 (full version) using MPEI. It still does not show up in config, but dlls ARE in the plugins/windows folder. date modified reads 11/30/2013...
    I'm absolutely unsure which problem your installation have. The new version is compiled against .NET Framework v3.5 and MediaPortal v1.3.0, both pre-conditions allows the plugin to run under MediaPortal v1.3.0 up to MediaPortal v1.6.0 (incl. Pre Release).
    To identify the issue in a more constructive way, I've updated the repository and the first page with a (temporary) debug version. Please try this build and report any problems incl. the full set of available logs.

... to get rid of the annoying 'update available' message ...
    If you are feeling bad with the update hint, why don't you disable the plugin check? It can be anything much easier if you previously been check the configuration/documentation and does not mention comments like this.

Micropolis

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't why, but there are two different versions of WW 1.4.0 (WorldWeather.dll)

1. Version via Extension Manager

Size: 654.848 Bytes
    SHA-1: 9C359E93CC201CDEEAE31E78E34416077C7A98BA
    created: 30.11.2013 22:15 Uhr

NOT WORKING

and

2. Version downloaded mpe1

Size: 685.056 Bytes
    SHA-1: C98A1B2B62959D77810701D53FFFEFC050DC0B9A
    created: 02.12.2013 10:46 Uhr

WORKING

so better download it direct from the repository

Edit: OK, now I have understood the previous post.
    I had the same problem as @2BitSculptor and @sebimuxx and the new version, which is not available via the extension manager, works for me.

I'm also using MediaPortal 1.5.0.

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @fischy667,
    thank you for your reply and the approval, that the uploaded debug version is working correctly now.
    I suspect, that my automated build script contains a small error, which led to this incompatibility. In a few minutes I'll upload a release build again (repository and first post). Sorry for any inconveniences.

EDIT: new release versions uploaded.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom