WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (5 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, it is related to wetter.com. If I change wetter.com ti Yr.no, I get an invalid or empty longitude/latitude defined, so changing the provider changes the error message :)

marshal45

November 23, 2011
    I have requested a World Weather Online free API key, but it doesn't work in the WorldWeather plugin. Apparently the plugin is using v1 (according to the troubleshooting section in the manual) and World Weather Online did upgrade their API to v2.

See the next URL for the announcement: https://www.facebook.com/notes/world-weather-online/free-and-premium-api-updates/729167297159962

The v1 API will continue to be supported. But the v2 key doesn't work on v1 and I can't find a way to request a v1 key.

For now I'll be using one of the other free API's, so no big problem on this side.

mark14

Portal Member
    November 6, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is it possible to use personal weather station ID aka PWS in the config while using weather underground ?
    We have multiple sites and would like to reference those stations specifically. if not
    would setting lat / lon help achieve the same thing ?

Thanks.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello mark14,
    as far as I know, Weather Underground does not offer the possibility to get weather information from a specific weather station ID. Also it's not possible to use latitude/longitude in the request (see chapter 12.1.4 for more information about the URL and chapter 5 for a provider comparison and required parameter.). The algorithm, how Weather Underground finds the nearest/best weather station, is unknown to me.
    So, from my point of view it makes sense to use a weather provider, who can handle longitude/latitude parameters. Another way, if the weather station is in your ownership, you can try to export weather information into a specific XML format, which can be used by WorldWeather.

Regards, Micropolis

Last edited:

mark14

Portal Member
    November 6, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for the info. I am a newbie, what are the chapters you are referring to ?

Can you please comment on the following issue,
    I just received multiple email warnings from weather underground regarding using the key.

"Your wunderground API key (abcdefghijklmnop) exceeded its allotted usage today by making 12 calls within a minute but the limit is 10.

We used one of your raindrops instead of disabling the key for the remainder of the day. You now have 28 remaining raindrops."

Can you verify the plugin behavior and make sure it is not calling the backend excessively.

Also, I tried to define two cities for our stations in the plugin so that may have pushed it over the limit of 10 cpm.
    I will try removing one definition and test with one.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello mark14,
    ... what are the chapters you are referring to ? ...
    In the first post of this thread you can find the manual of WorldWeather.

... Can you verify the plugin behavior and make sure it is not calling the backend excessively ...
    How often WorldWeather calls the Weather Underground backend, depends on your settings. In case you have configured WorldWeather to use this provider for actual and forecast weather conditions (and maybe also for historical conditions) and a refresh rate per minute, you can easily reach the limit of your subscription plan. So, please adjust your settings accordingly.

... Also, I tried to define two cities for our stations in the plugin so that may have pushed it over the limit of 10 cpm. I will try removing one definition and test with one...
    I don't understand your sentence. Can you explain this a little bit more?

Micropolis

mark14

Portal Member
    November 6, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks, I shamefully didn't see the manual mention on page one. I don't recall seeing a rate option, will go back an review.
    Part 3 of my question, I defined two cities in the configuration and they were each set to use wunderground. So I was
    suggesting that could double the number of requests.

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Micropolis,

feature request: it's possibile add the video support to the "Images" tab (or from a skin button that launches a minimal player) ?

My goal is to play a meteo news from inside the plugin.

The video of the news it's already downloaded from a self made script (file name is always the same, format is MP4), but I don't know how to play.

A old your suggestion (Onlinevideos) not work for me: the video source it's not a rss or xml feed (and that's why I had to build a dedicated scraper).

Regards,
    xavier.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @xavier,
    ... feature request: it's possibile add the video support to the "Images" tab ...
    since I'd starting the development of MediaPortal plugins some years before, I had always tried to develop such a function. Shame on me, but until now I have not made it. Maybe you can help me with working code snippets or anything like this?

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom