WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

brunoh

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I tried WorldWeather today and I have some sites that are working with foreca and some that are not:

Working is e.g. Zürich, but Davos in Switzerland is not ("Fehler beim Laden der Wetterdaten von Foreca").
Can it be related to the fact, that there is an aditional section "Ski conditions" when I browse http://www.foreca.com/Switzerland/Davos ?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much.

Bruno

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello brunoh,
... I tried WorldWeather today and I have some sites that are working with foreca and some that are not ...
Before answering to your post, I've made some tests to identify the root cause for your issue. Now, after some investigation I've found out that "Davos" doesn't have a correct/valid international weather code (e.g. SZXX0033 for Zurich). Foreca and other weather providers implemented within WorldWeather requires this code to identify the location unique.
Currently I'm not sure if it's possible to establish a workaround for such locations, but I'll try it later and give feedback in case a solution is ready for testing.

Regards, Micropolis

brunoh

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Thank you very much Micropolis

Your explanation makes sense and Davos is not a big city, but the weather up in the montains is most of the time quite different from the bigger cities...

So I would be gratefull, when the solution with the workaround would work. But of course it is not something of high urgency.

Thanks again.

Bruno

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
this plugin has been updated to version 1.7.0. The following changes are included:
  • service provider “Foreca” has been replaced with new provider “MSN” to be able to get weather details from different services of "MSN" (please update the skin provider logos accordingly)
  • refinements for “MSN” provider services “Foreca” and “WDT”
  • support for “WorldWeatherOnline” Weather API Version 2 (important: to use this WorldWeatherProvider as before, you must generate a new API key here)
  • add hour condition support for “WorldWeatherOnline”
  • rework of configuration dialog, minor enhancements
In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please update all plugins to the newest versions simultaneously

Cheers, Micropolis

kdschlosser

Portal Member
February 26, 2015
Evergreen CO
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Question.

I have a whole automated home and it's all pretty much centralized for ease of management, I am currently moving all of the running Media Portal's to pull from a server. I am only leaving the actual Program Files data as well as I would like to only leave behind the Cache folder in ApplicationData. I have looked high and low to the pointer for World Weather to the appdata folder. I am not sure if this actual line in the MediaPortal log file is in fact World Weather or not. World Weather doesn't load and I am not sure if it is because of this or something else. is there an xml file with the pointer located somewhere?? and is this line in reference to World Weather??

I have moved about 20 other plugins along with Media Portal appdata, and everything is running fine. so I am pretty sure I hit all the spots that are needed to to change the directory paths. I didn't know if it was something that was user changeable, and if it isn't does it look into the directory file for Media Portal and pull the directory from there or does it use the good ol fashion %appdata%.

Thanks for the Assistance
Kevin

[2015-05-15 03:23:34,855] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Weather - C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Default\Media\Weather

kdschlosser

Portal Member
February 26, 2015
Evergreen CO
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is the old depricated MP Weaqther plugin....
Pls install World Weather ;)

that is the one that comes up in the Extension manager. Unless there is one that is posted in the forums somewhere.

Version 1.7.0 according to the extension manager that is what is installed. but does not work. and doesn't post anything in my log files. and not sure what that other one is. or how to remove it.

Kevin

caveman

Portal Pro
August 2, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Currently i cant even get it to retrive data for Denmark :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom