WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can someone please check the repository as it looks like something has gone wrong with this file. Thank you.
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=att_download&link_id=182&cf_id=24 is working fine here with any tested browser/server. Please clean your browser-cache and MP Extension Manager-cache too.
    Do you have any issue with the webpage in general or other downloads?

One time it worked and then it stops - when you following the link from the Extension site

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/weather/world-weather

it leads to the http error (at least these were teh steps I tried) and you can't download it anymore ...

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can someone please check the repository as it looks like something has gone wrong with this file. Thank you.
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=att_download&link_id=182&cf_id=24 is working fine here with any tested browser/server. Please clean your browser-cache and MP Extension Manager-cache too.
    Do you have any issue with the webpage in general or other downloads?

The link you posted downloaded a file, but extension manager says it is the wrong format when double clicked. I got this once before when I managed to download this file on another machine. Now if I click the link I get n error message and nothing downloads again. I get the same error on multiple machines and in multiple browsers. I have however successfully downloaded and updated other plugins since this problem with World Weather started (updated Trakt and IPTV filter without any problems at all.) So it is only the world weather update.

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    It already is mpe1. Just says Wrong File Format in a dialog window and closes. Very strange that just this one plugin is going wrong for two of us at least but everything else updates and downloads fine. :(

I also cleaned the cache in MPEM. It made no difference, same errors.

Could someone try attaching the MPE1 to a forum message so I can see if it is just my ability to download that one file from the repository that is broken or if something about my machines is fundamentally against World Weather 1.8!

At least then I know if it is UID/network/Repository or local S/W install.

Checking in MPEM I also get the same errors if I try to download any old version of worldWeather, but again fine with any other plugin.

Last edited:

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tried all av. browser with 5 dl each now but can't reproduce any issue...still trying.
    In theory there might by an issue with dots in filename so try to rename to xy.mpe1 too.

Attachments

• WorldWeather v1.8.0.mpe1
      10.4 MB

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    Thanks for the help everyone. Finally found the problem!

I had avast (anti-virus) in 'silent mode'. Now that I've put it in normal all hell is breaking loose when I go near WorldWeather 1.8.

It is flagging that Micropolis.MPCore.dll is suspicious and suspects it may contain (Win32:EVO-Gen). So it is locking the repository file and if I try to pull parts out it quarantines that DLL.

I imagine it is a false positive as it is only a suspicious detection and of a generic virus type, so it clearly isn't certain. However something has changed between 1.7 and 1.8 in MPCore to upset Avast. Only way around this will be to tell Avast to leave that file alone, but might be worth checking the DLL on a few other machines as I guess I will not be alone in getting this detection event.

This also explains why I can get a download on the first click of a link (like the one from High earlier) but then it won't connect again. The PC has to download the file for Avast to detect and quarantine it, but then Avast blocks the link from being accessed again.

Pur_berger check your AV software, I'd put money on the same problem for you!

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for the help everyone. Finally found the problem!

I had avast (anti-virus) in 'silent mode'. Now that I've put it in normal all hell is breaking loose when I go near WorldWeather 1.8.

It is flagging that Micropolis.MPCore.dll is suspicious and suspects it may contain (Win32:EVO-Gen). So it is locking the repository file and if I try to pull parts out it quarantines that DLL.

I imagine it is a false positive as it is only a suspicious detection and of a generic virus type, so it clearly isn't certain. However something has changed between 1.7 and 1.8 in MPCore to upset Avast. Only way around this will be to tell Avast to leave that file alone, but might be worth checking the DLL on a few other machines as I guess I will not be alone in getting this detection event.

This also explains why I can get a download on the first click of a link (like the one from High earlier) but then it won't connect again. The PC has to download the file for Avast to detect and quarantine it, but then Avast blocks the link from being accessed again.

Pur_berger check your AV software, I'd put money on the same problem for you!

Ahhhhhhhh - ok - same here .. silent mode is so usefull :) - never thought about that.

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reassurance, I also put the MPE1 file through Virustotal and only AVAST picks this up, the other 56 engines don't detect anything. Might be worth one of the developers/testers reporting a false positive to Avast if they see this, given Avast is one of the more popular AVs (The most popular according to some review sites, but everyone measures it differently)

Image1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom