WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (6 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here it is, a plugin to display weather details!

Highlights:
  • display weather conditions for up to 10 different locations
  • show weather conditions in daily, hourly, historical and graphical view (web providers can be AccuWeather, Yahoo, wetter.com, World Weather Online, Open Weather Map, Weather Underground, MSN, PreviMeteo, Weather2 and Yr.No, additionally local XML files are supported)
  • show weather maps (providers can be Weather Underground, Open Weather Map and Windyty)
  • show weather related charts, images and slideshows, geo clock, starry sky map and zodiac information
  • show weather feeds
  • show astronomical information
  • show calendar, holiday and season information
  • support for weather icon collections (skin specific weather images can be used optionally)
Installation:
  • download and start the suitable installer file "WorldWeather.mpe1" from the download repository
    or
  • download and extract the attached file "WorldWeather.zip" from this post (MediaPortal v1.6 and above) and copy all required files to your MediaPortal directory manually (see manual below for detailed instructions)
Skin Support:
  • Default, DefaultWide
  • PureVision family
  • StreamedMP
  • Maya
  • Avalon
  • Avallonis
  • Avallanche
  • Black Glass
  • Backdrop
  • aMPed family
  • Frames
  • Fidelity
  • Mustayaluca
  • Mira
  • Reflex
  • OnePortal
  • LCARS
  • Xtreme
  • Chroma
  • X-Factor 2
  • ProjectOne
  • Titan (in progress)
Language Support:
  • english, german (thx to catavolt, Lehmden, AlfredANeuma), dutch (thx to Lbr_Lion, powermarcel10), french (thx to 750913372, azzuro, -ltb-, FillR, nicsergio), italian (thx to Marduk65), spanish (thx to Pedernal74), swedish (thx to emphatic), danish (thx to 1stdead), finnish (thx to Kui), czech (thx to bkv), polish (thx to lukjod), portuguese (thx to dncv), russian (thx to renault), ukrainian (thx to AlexPlas)
Useful Links:
Latest Changes (for a detailed version history, please consult the attached manual):
  • v1.7.0 – rename of “Foreca” provider to “MSN”, refinements for “MSN” provider services “Foreca” and “WDT”, support for “WorldWeatherOnline” API Version 2, add hour condition support for “WorldWeatherOnline”, rework of configuration dialog, minor enhancements
  • v1.8.0 – architectural rework due to introduction of GeoLocation & Map core library, cryptographic routines updated, functionality to share settings and profiles added, support for MediaPortal v1.12.0
  • v1.8.1 – option to sort images/maps in configuration dialog added, rework of message management routines, improvements to sharing functionality, maintenance
  • v1.9.0 – support for plugin framework v1.4.0, support for MediaPortal v1.13.0
  • v1.9.1 – changes to AccuWeather password handling, enhancements to MSN wind detection, maintenance release, support for MediaPortal v1.14.0
  • v1.10.0 - re-compiled version, deconstruction of not working functionalities, support for MediaPortal v1.15.0 and higher

This is a stable version and was tested with Windows 7, 8 and 10 only, please report any bugs in this thread.

If you would like to show your appreciation and also help me to continue to provide free software please make a donation by clicking here. Thank you.

Last edited:

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.1.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Micropolis ,
    Very nice ... we should know you are the One to save the weather section .... :D :D

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.1.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

When I read this thread's name I somehow felt that this kind of little plugin has tonbe made by micropolis... YSMP is just right.

Are you using google as your source? That seems to be the best free api available and the best choice for MP I guess. Thismplugin should replace the standard weather plugin delivered with MP in next version!

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

On 3:4 screen the info on the right hand side and bottom is running off the screen i can only see 2 days of the forcast.
    I have setting set to small icons tried auto first.

EDIT i can only see the beginning of the current conditions Tem, Con, Win, etc.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

Default Wide is supported at this time... Maybe someone can get a 4:3 skinned.

Chuck

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country

If that is the case then the skin folder in the zip is incorrect as it is pointing to skin/default not default wide. but it would explain why i'm see the results i see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom