WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since the update to 1.8.1 I've got a message stating "Invalid or empty provider key specified"
    I can't find anything in the logs about which provider is missing the key, nor can I find where I enter such a key, as the button is disabled
    upload_2015-10-1_21-23-47.png

Can you give me a hint on how to solve this?

Also I noticed that your textboxes on the About-tab are not set to read-only (so I can change the text there!)

Edit: just found that (and how) I have to get those keys. so only question is, why wasn't it before the update, but perhaps there's some encryption changed in the storage of the keys

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @doskabouter,
    sorry for my late reply.

... so only question is, why wasn't it before the update, but perhaps there's some encryption changed in the storage of the keys ...
    With version 1.8.0 of WorldWeather I've changed the cryptographic routines for passwords (see my post here) to support sharing passwords and keys across networks. Do you have deployed this version before updating to version 1.8.1? Is it possible to reproduce the behavior described when installing an older 1.8.x build?

Cheers, Micropolis

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello @doskabouter,
    sorry for my late reply.

... so only question is, why wasn't it before the update, but perhaps there's some encryption changed in the storage of the keys ...
    With version 1.8.0 of WorldWeather I've changed the cryptographic routines for passwords (see my post here) to support sharing passwords and keys across networks. Do you have deployed this version before updating to version 1.8.1? Is it possible to reproduce the behavior described when installing an older 1.8.x build?

Cheers, Micropolis
    No, I did an upgrade from a much (don't know anymore which exactly) older version.
    Anyway, I've chosen weather suppliers which don't require a key so that problem won't bother me again :)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Helios61, @ajs,
    ... Is it possible to add Deutsche Wetterdienst (DWD) as provider (services and cards)...
    this weather provide does not offer a public interface or API to get weather data, therefore it is currently not possible to integrate this.

... How about http://rp5.ua/ ? ...
    Thanks for your hint. In case there is some free time, I can take a look to analyze the API and possibilities to integrate it into WorldWeather.

Regards, Micropolis

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I get from Wunderground these messages on a regular base:
    Your wunderground API key (729*************d) exceeded its allotted usage today by making 12 calls within a minute but the limit is 10.

We used one of your raindrops instead of disabling the key for the remainder of the day. You now have 29 remaining raindrops.

We check usage for 24-hour periods based on U.S. Eastern Time.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    ... Your wunderground API key exceeded its allotted usage today by making 12 calls within a minute but the limit is 10...
    Is this a question or a statement?
    Normally the free Wunderground account is limited to a special number of calls per minute. In case you've got these message often, please switch off the geographical clock (or the display of configured locations) and historical condition display for your location(s). Both functionalities depends on the Wunderground service and can produce a lot of calls to the backend.

Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom