WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,
    ... Your wunderground API key exceeded its allotted usage today by making 12 calls within a minute but the limit is 10...
    Is this a question or a statement?
    Normally the free Wunderground account is limited to a special number of calls per minute. In case you've got these message often, please switch off the geographical clock (or the display of configured locations) and historical condition display for your location(s). Both functionalities depends on the Wunderground service and can produce a lot of calls to the backend.

Micropolis
    A question :) - which you have answered perfectöy - thank you

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    this plugin has been updated to version 1.9.0 to support the newest plugin framework and the upcoming MediaPortal version 1.13.0. The installer and a file for manual installation can be downloaded from the well known places.
    In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please update all plugins to the newest versions simultaneously.

A small donation would be welcome. Merry Christmas and cheers, Micropolis

Kevin Sharp

April 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Micropolis.

Do you or any of the other users of WorldWeather have URL that will work Australia.please. Any information on how to create one would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Kevin[DOUBLEPOST=1450839117][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry only half a request.

URL to create Starry Sky image

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Kevin,

URL to create Starry Sky image
    you can use the URL "http://www.astrobot.eu/skymapserver....8830555556&city=Sydney&timezone=AEDT&deco=15" to generate a starry sky image. The example is for Sydney, please adjust longitude (lon parameter) and latitude (lat parameter) to your personal needs. Please don't forget to configure the URL in your WorldWeather settings as described in chapter 4.4 of the manual.
    In case you want to have more possibilities/images etc., please take a look into this document.

Regards, Micropolis

Kevin Sharp

April 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello Micropolis

When I enter the URL for StarrySkyMap during config I find an entry in WorldWeather.xml for <entry name="AstronomyStarrySkyURL">. This is the URL I entered.
    When I select the Sky Map option from the MP WorldWeather Astronomy window I get the Map that is hard coded in file DefaultWide\WorldWeatherAstronmy.xml. Can you please advise me how to fix this problem. I think that I may have read about this item previously but cannot find the information.
    I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards
    Kevin

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    this plugin has been updated to version 1.9.1 to enhance some features like MSN wind detection, to support the upcoming MediaPortal version 1.14.0 and for code maintenance purposes. The installer and a file for manual installation can be downloaded from the well known places.
    In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please update all plugins to the newest versions simultaneously.

@Kevin Sharp: Sorry for my late reply, but I was out of Germany for the last 1,5 month. If I remember correctly, you should replace the line "<texture>http://www.astronomie.de/Images/Himmelaktuell/obssky1.gif</texture>" with "<texture>#WorldWeather.ImageStarrySky</texture>" to display the configured map. @catavolt: please correct me, if I'm wrong. Thank you.

A small donation would be welcome. Cheers,
    Micropolis

Last edited:

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Suddently out of the blue worldweather stopped working for me...I don´t know what logs to show you , cause i couldn't find any regarding world weather... i'm on MP1.13. I've tried many different providers, and tried to reinstall a backup, but to no use.... I just get the message 'error loading weather condition from yahoo, msn etc. etc.'

upload_2016-3-28_11-6-18.png

upload_2016-3-28_11-7-9.png

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello Everyone

I cannot get world weather to work at all..... Have any of you resorvled the issue?? Please help..thnx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom