WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

the_scotsman

Portal Member
June 21, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
The settings are very confusing, I'm not sure how to get the bottom two boxes to fill with content?
Please go to the forum site and check out the first posting where you can find a detailed manual as PDF.

Sorry, delayed reply. I've looked at the PDF, but I'm not sure which part covers the bottom two boxes? I've tried everything, but they're always empty. Which parts of the PDF relate to the bottom two boxes on the main weather page?

EDIT: This is what I'm talking about:

2IGNcP1l.jpg

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The settings are very confusing, I'm not sure how to get the bottom two boxes to fill with content?
    Please go to the forum site and check out the first posting where you can find a detailed manual as PDF.

Sorry, delayed reply. I've looked at the PDF, but I'm not sure which part covers the bottom two boxes? I've tried everything, but they're always empty. Which parts of the PDF relate to the bottom two boxes on the main weather page?

EDIT: This is what I'm talking about:

2IGNcP1l.jpg

Hi,

they are for image and feed. You have to configure them both in WW configuration. See the screenshot attached for the result.

Attachments

• ww.jpg
      ww.jpg
      455.1 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    as part of the August rollout for my plugin collection this plugin has been updated to version 1.8.1.
    In case you want to use this plugin and have also installed other plugins from my collection, please don't forget to install the latest versions published today simultaneously.

... Hi there, please can you help me with an issue when using Worldweather 1.8.0 on MePo 1.12.0. I have installed Titanius skin, but the same applies to Defaultwide skin. Having installed Wordlweather, on the main weather page, Graphic page and Hourly page, I get no sun images in the daytime - I only get moon images through 24 hours! It is not only on 1 PC either - I have done a new install on another PC other than my HTPC and get the same result. the default MSN is the weather provider...

Hello Edward,
    WorldWeather use the configured longitude and latitude information from your location configuration to determine, if a day or night icon must be displayed. As you wrote, I'm afraid that you don't specify this information yet. But since I'm not sure, I'm able to help you in an efficient way when you upload your WorldWeather profile here. To do this, please open your local folder "c:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal" and attach the file "worldweather.xml" in a new post.

Regards,
    Micropolis

schwarzrz

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Edward,
    WorldWeather use the configured longitude and latitude information from your location configuration to determine, if a day or night icon must be displayed. As you wrote, I'm afraid that you don't specify this information yet. But since I'm not sure, I'm able to help you in an efficient way when you upload your WorldWeather profile here. To do this, please open your local folder "c:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal" and attach the file "worldweather.xml" in a new post.

Regards,
    Micropolis
    Hi Micropolis.

same issue in Worldweather lite.
    Can have a look at it?
    I posted my xml files in that thread.

Thanks in advance

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello schwarzrz,
    ... same issue in Worldweather lite. Can have a look at it? ...
    I've tested your latest worldweather.xml (posted in the WorldWeatherLite thread) and for me all seems ok (see screenshot). The only thing I do for testing in the configuration was the correction of time zone, because it doesn't contain the correct UTC+1 for Frankfurt (Germany). Therefore I'm not sure, where the problem is located.

Important hint when deploying time zone related Windows updates or changing the operating system: The list of time zones comes from Windows and, due to changes/deletions/additions, the order can be changed. My suggestion is to check and correct the time zone settings (if required) after such changes.

Cheers, Micropolis

Attachments

• WorldWeatherLite - Current and Forecast view.jpg
      WorldWeatherLite - Current and Forecast view.jpg
      67.6 KB
    • WorldWeather - Current and Forecast view.jpg
      WorldWeather - Current and Forecast view.jpg
      86.7 KB

schwarzrz

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've tested your latest worldweather.xml (posted in the WorldWeatherLite thread) and for me all seems ok (see screenshot). The only thing I do for testing in the configuration was the correction of time zone, because it doesn't contain the correct UTC+1 for Frankfurt (Germany). Therefore I'm not sure, where the problem is located.

Important hint when deploying time zone related Windows updates or changing the operating system: The list of time zones comes from Windows and, due to changes/deletions/additions, the order can be changed. My suggestion is to check and correct the time zone settings (if required) after such changes.

Cheers, Micropolis
    Thanks, I will check that during the weekend. (Timezone within Windows)

SOLVED:

Wrong Time Zone within the configuration of the plugin

Last edited:

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for you8r response. I have tried other weather providers - nothing changes :)
    EdwardFC

Hi @Edwardfc !

Have you found a solution for the problem with wrong pictures (moon at daytime...)?
    I'm asking because it seems I#m having the same problem...:(:cry: - so if yes --> please post your solution:notworthy:
    Thanks!

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I believe that the solution is posted right above your question: "Wrong time zone within the configuration of the plugin"

Ooooouuuups - I must be blind:oops: - AND my english is fe528%$/((/§& :eek:
    Thanks HTPCSourcer! will try at home :)

edit:
    Yes, that was the solution
    Thanks again!:):):)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom