WTV Organizer Plugin for Windows 7 Media Center files (1 Viewer)

tential

Portal Member
September 18, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
How do I change the naming scheme? I want to be able to put it in "The Renamer" so I can get it in S01E01 type format.
Also, any chance it will be able to do multi episode? It recognizes the first episode but not the second (not a hard fix of course for me to edit). Perhaps, after the program sees the character ";" it will then search the second episode title and add that to the file name?
Example: Some episodes have "Episode 1; Episode 2". Anyway to make it add both to the file?

Thanks, this has helped me add file names so that when I convert by accident, I still at least have the episode title of the first episode. Multi episodes though are killing me since sometimes I convert and then don't know if its a multi episode or not!

Edit: Also any way I can edit this to not move the files to their own separate folders? I cant figure out how to get handbrake to scan sources in anything but the immediate folder. I sincerely hate WMC at this moment -.-

Last edited:

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
Hi Tential,

The naming standard is currently hard-coded into the program to rename the file using the following standard:
filename = tvdbSeriesName + " - " + tvdbEpisodeNumber + " - " + tvdbEpisodeName + wtvFileExtension.

I might be able to make that customizable, but I'm not familiar with the S01E01 format that you mentioned. I assume the "S01" stands for Season 1, and the "E01" stands for Episode 1, but you know what they say about assumptions. :D Could you provide an example based upon the following TV metadata:

Original WTV File Name = Last Man Standing_KMTVDT_2012_03_20_19_31_00.wtv
Renamed WTV File Name = Last Man Standing (2011) - 1 x 20 - Animal Wrongs.wtv
TVDB web-site URL: http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=248834&seasonid=466460&lid=7
TVDB info: Season 1, Episode 20, Name=Animal Wrongs, Original Air Date=2013/03/20

As for the "Episode 1; Episode 2" titles, that is all matched based upon what TheTVDB database contains. The WTV Organizer tries to match what's in the WTV metadata to a title in TheTVDB database. If it can't find a match on title, then it tries to match on the series name and original air date. If it can't find a match on that, then it gives up and bypasses the file. It sounds like it's not finding a match, which means either the WTV file metadata is wrong, or TheTVDB database entry is wrong. I sometimes have a few episodes that don't match, and have to manually rename them - but not too often.

As for moving to subfolders, I might be able to add a feature that will rename the file in place and not move it to a subfolder. Or would you rather have it moved to another location entirely?

As for WMC, the only reason I go into it is to schedule the recordings. I watch all my pre-recorded content via MediaPortal. I like the stability and easy setup of WMC to record TV - I tried the MP TV support, but found it unreliable. That has been a couple of years ago, but I haven't revisited it since as my current solution works great and gives me zero issues. I'm not familiar with Handbrake.

bighick

Portal Pro
July 6, 2009
Home Country
Oh mylanta! WMC is the best DVR hands down but I <3 mediaportal for every thing else.... this will get a good testing from me!

TomC13

Portal Member
March 22, 2014
Madison, WI
Home Country
WTV Organizer beautifully handled half of my 600 wtv files, but is totally ignoring the other half. I've tried setting Move Unmatched, wiping the MP TV Series db, setting WTVO in Developer Test mode, and re-running several times, nothing happens to the remaining 300 files. I can't find anything different about the ignored files - they are in the root of the Recorded TV folder, they are from multiple series, multiple channels, multiple dates. Several are common, current series. For some of the series some of the files were handled correctly and some were not. Can't find anything in the logs other than entries like 2014-03-22 10:30:28.469 [INFO][05]: progress received: LocalScan [200/650] The Big Bang Theory_WMSNDT_2014_02_06_18_28_00.wtv. These files were recorded by WMC Win7, the machine was recently updated to Win8.1, and switched to MP.

Is there anything I can do or check to help resolve this? Is the source available?

MP 1.6.0, WTVO 1.0.13

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
Hi TomC13,

It probably has something to do with the WTV metadata not being set correctly in the 300 files that did not get renamed. Note that WTVO does not query the MP TV Series DB, so clearing that has no effect. The WTVO tries to match the WTV file meta data to what's in "TheTVdb.com" database to resolve season and episode information for the rename.

I will need you to add some trace settings to the "MediaPortal.exe.config" file, so we can turn tracing on and see what's happening. The WTVO plugin utilizes the SmartInspect tracing product to trace code execution. Here are the settings to turn on tracing - just place them under the APPSETTINGS section of the MediaPortal config file. Once saved, start MediaPortal and let it run for about 10 minutes, then shut it down. A SmartInspect trace file will be created in "C:\Temp\MediaPortal\MediaPortal-2014-03-22-19-01-40.sil" (or similar, based upon date time).

Trace Settings:

Code:
  <appSettings>

<!-- Copy the following appSettings to MediaPortal.exe.config and Configuration.exe.config.  -->
  <!-- Once tracing is complete, set the "C3Trace.Enabled" setting to "False" to disable tracing support.  -->

<!-- C3.Diagnostics Trace Settings. -->
  <add key="C3Trace.Enabled"  value="True" />
  <add key="C3Trace.AppName"  value="MediaPortal" />
  <add key="C3Trace.Level"  value="Verbose" />
  <add key="C3Trace.DefaultLevel"  value="Warning" />
  <add key="C3Trace.Connections"  value="tcp(host=localhost, port=4228, timeout=30000, reconnect=true, reconnect.interval=60s, async.enabled=false), file(filename=&quot;C:\Temp\%appname%\%appname%.sil&quot;, rotate=daily, maxparts=14, append=true)" />

</appSettings>

You can then send me the .SIL trace file, which will tell me why the metadata is not being processed. I can also send you the SmartInspect redistributable console if you would like to view the trace data. It allows you to see trace data in real time as well, ie as the plugin is running within MediaPortal. This is a little advanced for most users, but you sound like the developer type as you asked for the source code.

I also have a dropbox account to place the trace file into if necessary; otherwise, just PM it to me.

Please let me know.

TomC13

Portal Member
March 22, 2014
Madison, WI
Home Country
OK, I got everything except "just PM it to me". I don't find any direct email on the forum (still learning it). The log shows an exception after processing a few files. Its only 1.4 MB

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
Just sent you a PM with my private email address.

For future reference, to send a PM (Private Message): click on the username (ie "thlucas") to the left of this message. A details page will pop up, then click on "Start Conversation" to send a PM.

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
I updated the installer to v1.0.14.0.

I found some time this weekend to add the custom naming format that various users requested. ie you can now rename your files in the popular SxxExx style of format, or whatever you want. The configuration screen contains the details on the keywords that can be used to override Episode Name, Series number, and episode number values.

This also fixes a bug in the meta-data processing, which was causing subsequent WTV files to not be processed if invalid attributes were encountered while processing a WTV file. Thanks to TomC13 for working with me on this. My apologies for the delay, but my furnace went out on me this week and I had to spend some time (and $$$) getting that taken care of first.

TomC13

Portal Member
March 22, 2014
Madison, WI
Home Country
Thank you for your prompt attention to the "meta-data processing" problem, WTV Organizer has now neatly organized all 600 of my files. It really lives up to its name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom